Flywheel removal,85 GS750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flywheel removal,85 GS750

Having a heck of a time getting the flywheel of the end of the crankshaft on my 85 GS750.Need to get it off to fix my starter clutch.Will button it up and order a puller if i need to,thread size is 14mm.

So you've tried threading in 14mm bolt till it hits crank,tap on bolt,tighten some more,rinse/repeat till rotor falls off taper?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

After looking at the manual again I can see they want to get something to attach to the outside threads.Can't do that today so she went back togetherYes I cleaned out the flywheel.

Comment

Anybody know the thread size for the flywheel?

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
          Anybody know the thread size for the flywheel?
          Nobody knows the thread size?

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
            Nobody knows the thread size?
            Apparently not! What is the external diameter ? 32mm?
            Plus, I thought only the bigger motors had this external threaded hub. My 650 has 16 mm internal.
            1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

An old trick on the 8 valve was using a slide hammer with the swing arm bolt that screws straight in the centre hole. Of course there's always the correct tool which can be found on fleabay

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
                Apparently not! What is the external diameter ? 32mm?
                Plus, I thought only the bigger motors had this external threaded hub. My 650 has 16 mm internal.
                I didn't think to put the caliper to it
                Originally posted by Locomotion View Post
                An old trick on the 8 valve was using a slide hammer with the swing arm bolt that screws straight in the centre hole. Of course there's always the correct tool which can be found on fleabay
                No internal thread on this flywheel,#@*& *&#@#&$%^ %$*#*!

Comment

You need to get a puller and an impact.
                  I do believe that that is a small end crank.
                  It is a 35mm x 1.5 thread I believe.
                  1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                  1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                    You need to get a puller and an impact.
                    I do believe that that is a small end crank.
                    It is a 35mm x 1.5 thread I believe.
                    I suppose this is a Suzuki only thing and I need to buy a Suzuki specific puller.Any leads on where to get one?I have an impact.
                    Last edited by Guest; 07-16-2014, 05:08 PM.

Comment

This is quite the tool! I'll bet you can find other uses for it- tenderizing meats maybe!

1981 gs650L

Comment

Fits a few other bikes,maybe my local dealer has one I can borrow

Comment

He does and I can,a big hand to Ken at Kenco

Comment

if there is no internal thread what actually holds rotor onto the end of the crank

Comment

Originally posted by Locomotion View Post
                              if there is no internal thread what actually holds rotor onto the end of the crank
                              Don't worry,there's still a bolt into crank end that holds rotor on taper!
                              1981 gs650L

Comment

Working...
                              X