battery not holding charge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

battery not holding charge?

I have only had this bike a few months and when I got it it had a dead battery so I charged it and put it on the bike. Had been doing a lot of work on the bike so I would only start it for minutes at a time but it eventually started acting like it didn't have enough juice to crank. So I charged the battery, took it to my local auto shop and had em test it and they said it was good. Put it back on the bike and it is doing it again. Held a good charge for about a week and a half, but I don't have my license yet so I only take it on short rides down my street. Any thoughts?

See my signature and do the Quick Test and report the results before the battery discharges again.

Comment

Originally posted by kylemanley1 View Post
      I have only had this bike a few months and when I got it it had a dead battery so I charged it and put it on the bike. Had been doing a lot of work on the bike so I would only start it for minutes at a time but it eventually started acting like it didn't have enough juice to crank. So I charged the battery, took it to my local auto shop and had em test it and they said it was good. Put it back on the bike and it is doing it again. Held a good charge for about a week and a half, but I don't have my license yet so I only take it on short rides down my street. Any thoughts?
      You haven't made any statement about any voltage readings. Makes me wonder if you have a voltmeter (multimeter). You need a voltmeter to check the charging system. You have a 30 year old bike, you need a voltmeter. You have a Suzuki GS, you need a voltmeter.

Could be the charging system is okay. Even a good charging system doesn't really charge at idle. Maybe you are not running it enough.
      Still would be good to check the charging system (quick check mentioned above).

Last edited by Redman; 07-27-2014, 09:27 PM.
      http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
      Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Working...
      X