Random cut wire, help to identify?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random cut wire, help to identify?

*this is on a 1980 gs850g. Had the carbs off to clean and noticed this lone cut black/white wire. The harness it pops out of runs down to the side case of trans.

Any idea of where I should look for where the other half is? I do not see any other cut wire. Random ground? Inside the same harness?

its worth noting the bike does run and as far I can tell most everything works.

If you are referring to what looks like a Black with White stripe that is a stock GS color for harness ground. It apparently had the ring lug that is normally attached, cut off. If you look at your schematic there are typically two B/W ring lugs. One that goes to ground your electronics plate (for solenoid and R/R) and the other to go to the battery box for whatever is on there. This how the "E's" are at least. The 8V are a little different I believe as some R/R's are usually under the battery box.

I would review the grounds running to your R/R and follow the "Single Point Grounding" (SPG) recommendations. I have documented. in GS Charging Health (a link in my signature)

Comment

Thanks, I will investigate that.

Comment

Working...
      X