81 GS450t wiring harness replacement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 GS450t wiring harness replacement.

Stripping my bike down, I'm finding that the wires to the harness are brittle and looks like the previous owner has cut into the harness and made a real mess of things. I believe they were jumping dead wires in the harness but totally jacked it up. The bikes not running at the moment and I want to replace this harness. Is there anyone making new harnesses for these bikes?

Have you searched on ebay for previously used harness for your bike ? Making a complete harness from scratch is time consuming.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

There's one for sale on Ebay now from an 82 T [I think] for $35; looks really nice. I think the guy's handle is 'inky'. Looks quite complete and even comes with the brake light switch!! There are a bunch of basket case wire jumble wrecks to avoid as well. All the T's should be the same, but other models may 'come up short'. Or long.
      '82 GS450T

Comment

Thanks!!!! Just bought the harness!!!! Going to be SOOOO much easier than working with the harness I have.

Comment

Working...
        X