stator cover gasket replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stator cover gasket replacement

I have an 80 Gs1100. I took the stator cover off to polish and when I went to put the new gasket on, I noticed I might have to completely remove the stator and snake it through the gasket. Am I missing something or what? All the connections are about to snap off so I might have to cut the wires until I replace the whole harness later. Any ideas?

The stator has a bundle of 3 wires coming out of it. It goes through a rubber plug and out the back of the stator cover. The 3 wires should have connectors at the end which plug into the harness. Unplug these 3 wires and pull them out with the stator and cover.
    Maybe someone directly wired your? Meaning removed the connectors and direct spliced/ taped the stator wired to the harness.

Comment

Good time to verify that your stator is in good health. If the connectors are burnt and ready to fall off, then there's a good chance your stator is about to go bye-bye. If the stator windings look dark brown and charred, then that's a bad sign as well.
      http://img633.imageshack.us/img633/811/douMvs.jpg
      1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
      1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
      1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.;)

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Working...
      X