Valve Shim Tool in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valve Shim Tool in UK

Hope I'm in the right place, I am looking for the tool used for shim clearance checks/removal (GS1000EN). Ebay used to have a few over here in the UK but as usual when you want one they are never there..lol. Does anyone know who sells them over here in UK?

cheers

RB

Look up Basscliff's web site for directions if you don't have the tool-- The zip tie method of valve adjustment

Comment

Hi babes.

Ive just done all this recently on my 850...
      Couldnt find the tool... They all different sizes, even the ones.offered.for GS's dont always fit!

I tryed to make one from some steel but it bent after 3 shims...!

So a bit ov lateral thinkin led me to use a thin, flat end screwdriver, a hammer and some tweezers....

Line the screwdriver up, just on lip ov shim bucket, under the edge.ov the Cam lobe and lightly hammer the screwdriver under the Cam, making sure the blade.is still on the Shim bucket...
      As the blade moves under the Cam it presses.on the Shim bucket, pushing it down...
      Once its down, put hammer down and use tweezers to pull out the Shim. (don't forget that the small groove in the Shim bucket is uppermost.

Easy, and doesnt cost you £20 for a tiny bit ov metal!!

Good luck.
      Xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Greenbraes View Post
        Does anyone know who sells them over here in UK?

cheers

RB
        Nope... But you can buy one from Z1 and have it shipped to you.

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.
        De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Valve Shim Tool in UK

Hi, they still are on ebay, i missed one on sunday past, went for £9.99+ 69p for p+p no 27100065605. Iv since used zip ties "Cable ties to you and I" to do my tapetts and everything went O.K.

Comment

I was about to say " don't they have zip-ties in the UK?" lol

Comment

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
              Nope... But you can buy one from Z1 and have it shipped to you.

http://www.z1enterprises.com/Valve-S...zuki-1696.aspx
              Yep. Z1 ships across the pond.

I'm surprised you haven't already seen one of their ads in your local vintage bike mag.
              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
              X