Suzuki - 09280-17002 - O RING SEAL NUT Leaking Possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki - 09280-17002 - O RING SEAL NUT Leaking Possible

Just wanted to know if anyone has ever had these leak and if they do where would the leak show itself at?????
    This is the o-ring on the two forward head bolts.

IIRC someone said if those leak it shows up as a leaking head gasket??

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.
    De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

I'm not sure if it's the valve cover gasket behind the front or those leaking-
      the leak forms right at the front of the head where the head bolt is upside down- Hard to see in that deep- I doubt seriously the head is cracked-
      I figured I]d change these again when I replace the valve cover gasket-
      I'm having no luck with this silicone valve cover gasket.

Comment

My 750 is leaking a bit down there. It's showing mainly on #4 pot, one fin down from the top of the cylinder. It's only just misting so I'm not bothering to have a better look until it's valve check time again.
        79 GS1000S
        79 GS1000S (another one)
        80 GSX750
        80 GS550
        80 CB650 cafe racer
        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

It is very common for those o rings to leak, especially if they are 30+ years old.Shows up as an oil slick on either side of the cam chain bulge in the front of the head. Simple to change. Set your valves while you're in there.

Comment

Originally posted by OLDENUFF View Post
            It is very common for those o rings to leak, especially if they are 30+ years old.Shows up as an oil slick on either side of the cam chain bulge in the front of the head. Simple to change. Set your valves while you're in there.
            what he said.
            I eliminated front engine leak with this simple fix. (apply grease to the o-rings when installing)

Comment

That's exactly what it is! little tracks down both sides of the bulge-
              I knew it had to be those o- rings- I did change them on rebuild but did not grease them- maybe they rolled.
              Yep gonna re-check valves and re-torque all the head bolts- hopefully this is it on this girl!
              Me hates any leaks!

Comment

Originally posted by Badooka View Post
                I did change them on rebuild but did not grease them- maybe they rolled.
                Yep gonna re-check valves and re-torque all the head bolts- hopefully this is it on this girl!
                Me hates any leaks!

I'm having great result with Z1 valve cover gasket too.
                Last edited by Guest; 07-21-2012, 04:39 PM.

Comment

I checked Z1 with the new web site, they don't have any valve cover gaskets for my bike. Found an OEM in Ebay for 10 bucks.
                  Chucking the silicone from the TN manufacturer- keeps blowing out.

Comment

Working...
                  X