100% ethonal free gas!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% ethonal free gas!!

Wow, I'm seeing 100% ethonal free gas in my area all of a sudden. In big bold stickers on the pumps.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Yeah, a few popped up around here. Just the 93 premium though.
    1982 GS1100GLZ Sold but still loved
    2008 Bandit 1250 Crashed (cager on a cell phone)
    2008 Bandit 1250 #2

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Schlosser View Post
      Yeah, a few popped up around here. Just the 93 premium though.
      I inquired about that here, they said all 3 grades are ethonal free. I knew this was going to happen due to the drought this year in the corn states.
      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Corporate 'sh-pin' at it's finest. Lets not make ourselves look bad by using precious corn stocks to make ethanol in a year where the corn supply are very low; let's just say our fuel is now ethanol free! Yeh - Yeh that's it!

Fools...
        Last edited by rustybronco; 09-24-2012, 03:13 PM.
        De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
          I inquired about that here, they said all 3 grades are ethonal free. I knew this was going to happen due to the drought this year in the corn states.
          Don't count on the feds doing anything logical or humane - pro ethanol groups swing a big stick in DC- they ain't likely to give up their subsidies .
          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Just reporting what I found at the pumps yesterday.
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Have you been here? - http://pure-gas.org/

You can find all the stations in your area that sells ethanol-free gas. I discovered a great little independent gas station not far from my home that I never even knew was there. The owner loves classic cars so he sells ethanol-free fuel.

I go there all the time now.

Comment

Looks like the closest one to me is 30 miles away...not quite worth the trip.
                1982 Suzuki GS450TZ
                1982 Suzuki GS1100EZ

Comment

Boat gas. Ethanol free has always been available at the marinas.
                  82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

In BC all Chevron stations carry 94 octane ethanol free gas. Not sure about the rest of Canada.
                    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time1983 GS 750
                    https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4256/3...8bf549ee_t.jpghttps://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4196/3...cab9f62d_t.jpg

Comment

I had heard something on the financial news in the early summer that non ethanol gas would be a possibility as the the drought devastated the corn stocks, still we have plenty of ethanol gas here with only a few stations in the 50 mile radius offering non-ethanol, but I'll keep an eye out.
                      Would be a blessing if I could find one locally.
                      sigpic
                      Steve
                      "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

There is one on my way to work but the gas is already 15 cents more a gallon there than another place I pass. Looks like I would have to buy 93 octain instead of 89. That makes it a total of about 50 cents per gallon more expensive. I do have a teeny "L" tank so it would only be an extra dollar per fill up. With the improved mileage from non-ethanol gas it might just even out...

Comment

Just one question....How can you verify that the gas is indeed ethanol free?
                          It's not that I don't trust people...it's just I don't trust people when money is involved.
                          Geo

Comment

you drink it of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                              Just one question....How can you verify that the gas is indeed ethanol free?
                              In MN an ethanol free pump nozzle is too big to fit into your late model car or truck.
                              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
                              X