Source for an OEM front master cylinder/lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source for an OEM front master cylinder/lever

Howdy folks. Long time no post. Long time no ride actually. Finally ordered a new final drive seal and battery. That's another post though.

My 81 GS650GL has the master cylinder and brake lever from a 1978 Honda Passport... that's a scooter. My brakes feel underpowered, and I think maybe the master cylinder that's on the bike, being designed for a scooter, is smaller than the OEM MC.
    In any case, I would really like to get back to a correct MC.

Does anyone know where I can buy one used? From someone on the board?

I can't wait to get back to riding

Wow. There is no way a scooter m/c can move enough volume for dual discs, or even one.
    Post in the Parts Wanted section. Or look on FleaBay. Be sure and refresh it before installing it. New gaskets and seals.

Comment

Hm. I looked to see if I could find the spec for the passport's MC - it's a cable operated brake though. Perhaps it's just the brake lever that came from the scooter, or I'm remembering the wrong bike. Regardless, it's not the OEM master cylinder.

I just have the single front disc (wish I had 2 w/ABS).

Just looked on ebay.... must have remembered or been told wrong or something. The one that's listed sure looks like the one on my bike. Maybe Bikebandit's parts fiche was goofy or something.
      Last edited by Guest; 06-04-2013, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X