suzuki gs1100ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suzuki gs1100ed

Hi, I know nothing about motorcycles, but my dad has recently purchased a GS1100ED and asked me to take a look at it, all signs point to an electrical problem and i have a fairly good electrical knoledge. The bike will only start when you stick a nail or something across the starter, and runs great after that. when you try to turn on regularly- turn the key to on, switch to run, and push 'start'- you get nothing. there are 2 brown wires in a solderless connector that aren't connected to anything, look like they should be. does anyone know where i could find a wiring diagram, hopefully online, or have any suggestions? i really appreciate it! thanks so much!

Are you pulling the clutch in when you try to start it? There is a switch in the clutch lever that prevents the bike from starting unless the lever is pulled in.

Comment

Re: suzuki gs1100ed

Originally posted by aj_3701
      Hi, I know nothing about motorcycles, but my dad has recently purchased a GS1100ED and asked me to take a look at it, all signs point to an electrical problem and i have a fairly good electrical knoledge. The bike will only start when you stick a nail or something across the starter, and runs great after that. when you try to turn on regularly- turn the key to on, switch to run, and push 'start'- you get nothing. there are 2 brown wires in a solderless connector that aren't connected to anything, look like they should be. does anyone know where i could find a wiring diagram, hopefully online, or have any suggestions? i really appreciate it! thanks so much!
      Here you go.
      Hope it helps.

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TAAaA2QWQldDCHJqslABKO3PdqC9oj7Ow0NxppBiHG!*SK6gu YNYECULH7wm7x7u3OeuyZDGAGFN7W5MN6eMUp4XU0t7CFYMhHJ attX7VliA3VaTkJMTdA/page%2058.jpg[/img]
      Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
      2000 Kawasaki Concours
      Please wear ATGATT

Comment

fixed!

thanks so much for all your help! pulling in the clutch worked great, thanks so much i feel so stupid! should have thought of that. especially since i always do it on our older little trail bikes that are near impossible to get into neutral. thanks so much, i really appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
        X