Carb Boot Clamps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stiksave
    With the K&N pods, does anyone ever support the carb rack? The stock box took care of this, but support is elliminated with pods. Some electrical ties from the rack to the frame? Just wondering. (thinking) :roll:

Thanks,
    Chris
    I've been running K&N copies on my 750 for over a decade, and never had any support for the carbs. No problems because of that. 8)
    Kevin
    E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
    "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
    Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Tips and tricks from another site:

"If you have cracked rubbers on your inlet tracts, get a section of an old bicycle inner tube and persuade it to go over the black part of the tracts, then trim off the excess. This is almost completely undetectable and works perfectly at sealing any of the thin cracks that seem to develop." Maurice McAllan, UK, Jan 2004.

Comment

Bret,

Great tip. I've used inner tube to make a patch on a intake boot. This looks even better, the clamp would seal off the tube on both ends. My biggest problem with the boots this time around, has been getting them to seat on the carbs. I think they're home, but they end up popping off on one end of the rack. I've limped home twice this week with a massave vacumm leak. I think I finally have it right, once again. Yea, right.

Chris

Comment

Yeah I am not sure I follow that inner tube idea or not but I assure you there is no substitute for the right parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
            Yeah I am not sure I follow that inner tube idea or not but I assure you there is no substitute for the right parts.
            I agree. "Home fix its" like that inner tube thingy will come back to haunt you, at the worst time. Just buy new manifolds. Peace of mind.
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
            X