RECTIFIER, WHAT OTHER ONES WILL WORK???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RECTIFIER, WHAT OTHER ONES WILL WORK???

Hi, I did all the testing and found my rectifier is shot. Does anyone know what other ones will work??? I have an 86" Suzuki GS550L and know there are people out there that have used different rectifiers and made them work, I just dont know which ones will work even if I have to modify the plug end would not be a problem?? Thanks! Jake

Honda. Some kawas too.

Search for the Honda Regulator Mod and related posts.
    1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
    1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

In my opinion any 4,5 or 6 wire R/R from a larger cc motorcycle will work as long as it has 3 input wires from the stator.
      the 4 wire has 3 inputs from the stator + one output to the battery and it is grounded through the case of the R/R.
      the 5 wire R/R is the same as the 4 BUT has an additional ground wire that is connected to the frame or the negative battery cable.
      the 6 wire has in addition to the 5 wire has a sixth wire that must be connected to a wire that is hot with the key on.
      I like the Shindengen brand R/R such as the sh-232 from a honda.

there are other R/R that can be used just search this board, UNFORTUNELY wire colors are not standard so just do a search and you should find the information you need.

if you get a used R/R be sure to check it before you put it on, also check the output of the stator and check all grounds... ( it's in the stator papers and on on the electrex site)
      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

I got one on E-Bay from the Honda CM series. My 83 GS750ES had the three yellow, one red and one black wires. The yellow wires from the stator went to three yellow wires on the R/R, the red wires connected together, The black wire on the bike went to a green wire on the R/R and the black wire on the R/R wnet to the white w/orange stripe wire on the ignition module. LOL

Comment

Working...
        X