lost gas cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lost gas cap

So my friend left my gas cap and had been driving it around for 2 days without one.

i found out about this and immediately parked the bike, covered the hole with plastic and shut the little doort on top of it so water wouldn't get in. I ordered the gas cap and gas cap gasket from bike bandit.

Is there any other precautions i should take? the gas cap will not be here for about a week. I also bought some stp gas treatment/carb cleaner taht i plan on putting in it after i get the new cap. I also have the bike covered. thanks for any suggestions.

Did it rain while the cap was off? Was it riden on dusty, dirt roads? If not then I'd leave it be and not worry too much.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

The best precaution would be not to let your friend touch you bike again

Comment

yes it did indeed rain on the bike when he had it. so i guess there might be water in the tank, but i'm guessing that since there is that plastic locking flap that goes over it, most of the rain was repelled. So i assume otherwise that i have taken all the precautions necessary...thanks all.

and yes, he will not be riding my bike again.

Comment

Working...
        X