need canadian parts source for 1150 stator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need canadian parts source for 1150 stator

anyone in canuck land know of a source for a stator to fit a 1986 1150ef? Does the stator come with the gasket (now torn)for the cover? Is it best to get a higher output stator or will I be asking to burnout the reg? My local suzuki parts guy wants $453 canadian for the original..... ouch

Re: need canadian parts source for 1150 stator

A Ricks stator is (my opinion) a better choice of replacement. Nope, you have to order the gasket separate for whatever stator he use.

Earl

Originally posted by vapourman
    anyone in canuck land know of a source for a stator to fit a 1986 1150ef? Does the stator come with the gasket (now torn)for the cover? Is it best to get a higher output stator or will I be asking to burnout the reg? My local suzuki parts guy wants $453 canadian for the original..... ouch
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

I think it is called Performance Motorcycles in Orangeville....located about 3 miles west of the Town.

I cannot really give you a recommendation, as the voltage output is not as high as I would like right now, but I had my old one on the 1100G re=wound several years ago, and it still works.

Gaskets...either buy one from Suzuki or try Kellogs/Post and X-acto. I used my Swiss Army knife and Kellogs the last time I needed one for someone else's bike (Carmen).

Did the same when I replaced the clutch on the GK earlier this year.

Since then I bought a roll of gasket material from Princess Auto on Dixie Rd, near Steeles, in Mississausage. ($15......and it will provide enough material for many gaskets.)
      Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

How about e-bay or rewinding you own ? you can find info on how to rewind a stator on the GSR...

Don't know how much time you have, but it's an option.

most of all it saves $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
        De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Where are you located, you can order from the states, I called around calgary to all the bike shops and wreckers, one of them is a dealer for electrex (but lately there seems to be a quality issue). I am sure you could get other brands.

Comment

Update to previous post.....the Orangeville place name is Pro-formance

They are a family-run place, repairing and selling all kinds of older bike parts and miscellaneous other items, as well as bikes that they buy and re-sell. If yours won't run, they will pick it up.

If you don't see what you want, ask for it. They have an attic stuffed with parts of all kinds.

The father is quite knowledgeable about older bikes, the older son was getting there whenI was last there (about 3 years ago), younger ones are learning, and at least one daughter is learning as well.

As a curious aside, and quite apart from their knowledge and mechanical abilities, they all have an exeptionally strong family resemblance. This trait is so strong that once you have met one of them then you would recognize anyone else as a family member if you met them elsewhere.
            Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Electrex VS Electrosport

There seems to be some confusion regarding the Electrex/Eletrosport stators. Electrosport is NOT carring Electrex products at all. That is why they are not called Electrex any more. The quality issuses are regarding the new suppliers of Electrosport. Whoever or wherever they might be.

You can still get the original Electrex product in Canada. They also offer a higher output stator. Their toll free number is 1 866 999-4377.

Comment

canadian parts source for 1150 stator

go to google, type in electrex world. you will then be on there web sight in england. i did not see a stator listed for your 1150 ef,but you can send them an email to find out if they have one for your bike. i have bought two from them and they have excellent service.the price is 49 pounds-104.00 canadian. they also have higher output stators.

Comment

Working...
                X