Car Help (Sorry - Not MC Related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dead

Ask if the car has a factory security system, the fuel maybe cut off in that system, and not in the crash cut off system, Iam betting that they have scanned the system and it came up with nothing cause of the messing with the battery (jumps) so there kind of left in the dark

Comment

those guys are idiots!!! they didnt check injector pulse or fire? gotta have that to start a car! i never heard of a body sensor. there is a BCM (body control module) maybe they mean that?.

Comment

Have them talk to the dealer, get answers to there satisfaction (it should make sense) ask why did this happen (while jumping car?) i just can't believe on a car that has a dead battery there is not a means to restart the vehicle w/out taking it in for service and i've been at dealers 31 years... TALK to the service manager (use sugar they can do so much for you) if not--- see u buh by...
        De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

I too have a Saturn SC1, 2000. There are 5 sensors that control tthe engine. Confirm your fuses and try this. Shoot some starter fluid into the air box, does it try to run? If so you've got spark and compression, just not getting gas. On the fuel pump in the tank is a short peice of rubber hose that cracks. It can't build up fuel system pressure. Remove the + battery cable for a few minutes to reset the ECM. I would find another "dealer" ASAP. None of those 5 sensors are more than $30.00 each. The controll module, (ECM), how ever is pricey.
          Another thing to look at. Under the dash on the drivers side is a "security" device. Looks like a key ring. If this is not in place the car will crank but not start.
          Low fuel pressure will set a P1171 code in the ECM. You'll need a scanner to get it. Suprised the "Dealer" didn't check.
          There is no "fuel cutoff" device on the car.

Comment

Working...
          X