Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question when installing a Dynojet kit (carb diaphram slides

Hey all,
    Why exactly is it needed to enlarge the hole in the throttly slide when you install a Dynojet kit? What exactly is the function of that hole in the first place? I wasn't too thrilled about drilling out $90 slide/diaghpram assemblies on my carbs, but I am following the Dynojet kits instructions to the letter.
    Rich

The DJ kit should come with a drill bit to the proper size.

The purpose is that when you supply more air, gas and exhaust capacity, you need to equalize the action of the slide.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

You should have gotten a lighter set of slides springs with the kit. The larger hole is necessary to keep the slides at the proper height relative to spring pressure under constant throttle and regulate mixture. The lighter spring action allows the carbs to be more responsive. Gets the slides out of the way quicker to build revs when you whack the throttle, less CV effect.

Comment

Like Billy said. Increasing the vacuum port size improves throttle response.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Rich I have a full set of correctly drilled slides for you if you want to keep your old slides stock.

Comment

Working...
          X