Can you ID this Caliper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you ID this Caliper

Please help me identify the caliper on this bike. This is from a 1982 GN250Z. The forks used the correct seals for the GN250Z, but the service manual and all the micro-fiche show drum brakes. Not to make things easier the wheels are from a Honda. The caliper from a '88 GN250J looks similar, but not that similar … the two rods that go thru the pads are missing and the caliper shape differs. I looked on CRC2 and viewed the 4 different calipers that they provide kits for and none was correct.

I have piuctures at kd5bwd.com/mc/caliper.htm

Nothing is broken, but I expect that the pads will be wearing out someday (duh!) and I will probable want to repalce all the seals etc. To do this I need to know what part numbers what make model year engine etc this caliper matches.

I appreciate all your help and have gleaned a great deal of very helpful info from The GS Resources. Thanks for your help. Thanks, TomE

Tom,

Given the fact that the GN had a drum brake on a spoke rim, the caliper must be a honda model. There are several honda sites on the web and you might want to make a few posts to see if any info crops up.

Also, most dealers have a book with descriptions of brake pads and a life-size picture to match. You could take in one of the pads to a Honda dealer (along with a pic of the caliper) and I bet they could match either the caliper or the pad with some wisdom or the aforementioned book.

best of luck-
    Jon
    16 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT with 175hp stock, no upgrades required...
    13 Yamaha WR450 with FMF pipe, Baja Designs street legal kit
    78 GS750E finely tuned with:

78 KZ1000 in pieces with:
    Rust, new ignition, burnt valves and CLEAN carbs!

History book:
    02 GSF1200S Bandit (it was awesome)
    12 Aprilia Shiver 750
    82 GS1100G

83 Kaw 440LTD

Comment

can't help you with your caliper problem, just wanted to say (.... ..) from kb8hsd 73's
      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

I found it on e-bay ... it is from a 1978 Honda CB400.

I had to look at about 400 items ... whew!

Comment

Working...
        X