Another piece of the puzzle? HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UncleMike
    BTW,...Earl and I are thinking that any more detective work is kind of futile until I make sure the carbs are synched. I'll get on that, and get back to everyone.

Mmmm....I did'nt see Earl posting in this thread...is he holding out on us. ;-)

Comment

Never mind, it's gotta be the inside one that floats. It's laying directly against the disk. I see no space in between. When you say to check those pins and seals, what are we talking about. What should I be looking for in the Clymer?
      Parts #9, 10, 11

You say its touching the disk?? Nothing should be touching the disk but the brake pads. You need to check that your pads are within service limits.

Comment

Yeah, the inside pad is laying right against the disk.

Comment

Ah ok...I thought you said the caliper was touching the disk.

Comment

Originally posted by beby99
            Ah ok...I thought you said the caliper was touching the disk.
            Probably did. Come on! You're supposed to understand what I mean! Not what I say!

The bike is running a lot better now with some fresh gas in her. She still had the starting issue yesterday, but I took her out again after she cooled for an hour and that was gone too. She was still a bit warm, however.

We'll see how she acts when I take her out tonight. She'll have to sit for today, as I've got a meeting at 10:30, 12:30 and 2:30. Don't expect to be back until 6 or 7.

Comment

Not still riding with that ****ty rear tire are you.

Comment

Originally posted by beby99
                Not still riding with that ****ty rear tire are you.
                I am, indeed. It's not THAT bad, and certainly not rotted or weather-cracked. As soon as I figure out this issue, I'm taking her in for inspection and to have it replaced. The new tire waits in my garage.

Comment

I can see that the choke operates, and I can tell the difference when it's on, but somethin' ain't right.

For instance, once it's warmed up, the choke operates just fine. Full choke and the bike will idle ~4K, half ~2K.

Even when it's cold, if I give it some gas, it'll idle at 4K for a little bit, then it starts dropping again.
                  Correct me if i'm wrong if it's warm and choke is put on engine rpm's will go down or stall. it's way to lean.
                  De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Mike:

I feel your pain. I'm new to motorcycles, mechanically challenged, and often have the little voice in my head saying "Is this right????" Good luck with the trouble shooting and keep those questions coming!

- Tim

Comment

Working...
                    X