Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I give up!

Originally posted by Nick Diaz
    I give up for 2002, folks! Weather is terrible, all that snow, cold temps, black ice, salt all over the roads, no prospect of improvement for the next couple of weeks, perhaps longer.

2002 is a goner, at least around here. Great year for riding, though, and wonderful memories.

Nick
    Yes Nick, I may not make it out of my garage until 2003 with a motopickle, but I do have hope. I asked Santa for a few more riding days before we bid good-bye to 2002. So, Yes Virginia, there will be at least one more day in 2002 to put on about 100 miles or more on two wheels. I believe..... I believe..... I believe.....

--Dan--

Comment

I really like your hat Dan 8O 8O 8O 8O 8)

Comment

Originally posted by slopoke
        I really like your hat Dan 8O 8O 8O 8O 8)
        Yea, it's a little something an elf left on my Suzuki seat last Christmas.
        --Dan--

Comment

What's Winter?
          I'm sorry,just gloating. A tough winter around here is 2 days of rain a week and maybe 30 degrees a low in the morning. I'll put in some extra riding to make up for what you guys are missing,I know this will make you guys feel better. If there's one thing I can't stand it's knowing my fellow GSers are socked in for the !#*!#! winter! So I'm going to get out there and ride and ride and ride until the wind blows away all those !#*!#! thoughts. There now, does'nt that make you guys feel a little warmer inside knowing I'm making this sacrifice of my time and gas? Hey,what are you doing with that old fork leg? Don't look at me in that tone of voice,I was only trying to.....HEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Hey guys.....don't be so sad about temperature. You always can ride away of the bad weather. Look @ me...I live in a beautyful island in the Caribeann...I own a 1980 GS850......sun every day, not rain at all......but this pieces of....land have ONLY 30 MILES LONG AND 6 MILES WIDE !!!!!! :? :? Not to much for a ride........any way.......Mary chrismas.

Comment

Originally posted by ramon
              Hey guys.....don't be so sad about temperature. You always can ride away of the bad weather. Look @ me...I live in a beautyful island in the Caribeann...I own a 1980 GS850......sun every day, not rain at all......but this pieces of....land have ONLY 30 MILES LONG AND 6 MILES WIDE !!!!!! :? :? Not to much for a ride........any way.......Mary chrismas.
              One of the ABC islands. Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao.

I think I understand what you're saying. I've been to Curacao two times and both times I felt like I was closed in with no place to go.

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by ramon
                Ramon:

I would love to travel there if they had bikes available to rent. Have been to US Virgin Islands (St. Croix and St. Thomas) and found them wonderful, but they had no bikes to rent, only strange little cars that were not admissable to the USA, and all had left-hand drive, for their left-hand roads. 8O

Still....I just LOVED driving St. Thomas, with its many hills and extremely tight, blind curves, and the rental cars with their bald tires and little to speak of in brakes that make for truly fun driving.

Having prior rally experience paid off very well, although my wife kept on saying...."You really like this, don't you?", as we did tremendously high speed (30 to 40mph) four wheel drifts through the corners.

After saying all that, is your area the same or is it even better?
                Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

I feel sorry for you gays, I moved south for the year round riding, todays high is around 72 and sunny. Now if I could get the scooter running i'd be riding.

Comment

Working...
                  X