Lowering Motorcycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowering Motorcycle

I have a 1978 GS750E I would like to lower the front end a few inches along with the rear. How do you lower the front? The top of my forks are against the handle bars so I can not simple lossen the clamps and drop them down on the tubes, do I need to get different handle bars? Maybe a clip on type or something?

genmar risers,$98.00 a set,gives you up to 1 3/4 inches without having to change cables.one inch lower should be the max.Or,progressive makes lower springs.about $75.00 a set.
    future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

does that model have the air pressure line built into the tripple tree??

Comment

Lowering blocks from pingel or maybe APE. They are aluminum. I have used steel bushings from Farm+Fleet.They cost about 3.00 each.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
          does that model have the air pressure line built into the tripple tree??
          Not that I am aware of.

Comment

If the reasons for lowering it are due to the lenght of the leg, might I suggest cutting the seat? If there are other reasons, forget I said anything.

Comment

You certainly don't want to lower the bike by raising the tubes in the triples anymore than they already are. If they are already up against the bars then someone has already done it. Dropping the front end several inches is going to cause some serious handling issues and the front fender will likely slam into the lower triple when the going gets a little rough.

Comment

Working...
              X