• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looked at a RR tonight...(help)

2004 CBRR 64XX miles $6000

Some things I noticed:

1) Needs rear tire.

2) Front tire? I dont know, but when I leaned to turn the handlebars were hard to keep strait. I noticed that the middle portion of the front tire was risen. Is this what made the handelbars turn as I leaned?

3) Missing front turn signals and rear signals with licence plate bracket...How much would that stuff be?

4)When blipping the throttle under load there was a squeeking noise. Is the squeeking ormal?

5)It warmed to 226* Is that temp normal?

6) The linkage from the shifter to the tranny seemed to pivot a lot. Normal?

Sounds like it has had a rough life. Stock parts should be easy to find on ebay
    From what I know they do run hot!! unless you are running down the road. It sounds like the front should be changed too. The tire profile can make quite a difference it the turn in
    YOU BETTER check on insurance before you by it

Comment

$231 and some change a year with another car.
      $42X and some without.

Comment

Originally posted by csiamanis

Some things I noticed:

1) Needs rear tire.

2) Front tire? I dont know, but when I leaned to turn the handlebars were hard to keep strait. I noticed that the middle portion of the front tire was risen. Is this what made the handelbars turn as I leaned?

3) Missing front turn signals and rear signals with licence plate bracket...How much would that stuff be?

4)When blipping the throttle under load there was a squeeking noise. Is the squeeking ormal?

Wrong forum. This needs to be in the off topic forum.

Comment

Wrong forum? Is this not technical talk? I have some technical questions...

Comment

Wrong forum? Is this not technical talk? I have some technical questions...
            Maybe the Honda CBR can answer your questions better than we can.
            Not being a wiseguy or a jerk about your questions.

If I was buying a bike I'd do the same thing, ask questions.
            But this is like asking Chevy guys about Fords.
            Keith
            -------------------------------------------
            1980 GS1000S, blue and white
            2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Some things I noticed:

1) Needs rear tire.

1. buy tire
              2. what do you mean tire was risen in the middle? handle bars wont stay straight when leaning this is normal (bike turns when leaning)
              3. at guess 100+
              4. not normal
              5.check cbrr forum
              6. at a guess without seeing it HARD TO SAY.

sounds like it's rode hard and put away wet, find a better one there is always another.
              Last edited by rustybronco; 07-07-2006, 12:06 PM.
              De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Working...
              X