Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

78 Suzuki GS750 Key Blanks

Hello,.
    I recently bought an old 1978 Suzuki GS750 Motorcycle. I bought a new igntion that came with 2 keys... yet i just lost one.... and need to get a few more for safe keeping.
    The replacement ignition is an Emgo ignition.
    THe key has a black plastic head that says JINKUN on it.. dont know why.. but it is an Emgo though.
    THey key number is A26.. if that means anything to u.
    Here is a link to jcwhitney where i ordered it

or

... of course i tried calling jcwhitney, they dont deal with the blanks, but gave me the EMGO number and email, and they arent being helpful at all, they just told me to go to my local dealer and keycutting shop.. but i cant find any blanks!
    I am just out of luck.. i dont wanna have to buy a new ignition each time i need a new key, and have to replace the ignition...
    Hopefully someone can help me.

post or p-m me a picture of your key i took a t-bird key we had in stock thinned out the sides with a file and duped it on our key machine can send you a blank if you like.
    De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Key Blank Pics

Heres pics of the keys.. hope this helps...

if they dont showup on the forum, i will post them on my site at http://www.gcextreme.com/SuzukiKeys.html

THanks

Comment

I went to the local Ace hardware store. There was no reference to any blank number in their book. We did find a match though. The blank that worked for my '83 was ilco (Allied Lock) number X87. Good luck.

Comment

Ace

Originally posted by mixongw View Post
          I went to the local Ace hardware store. There was no reference to any blank number in their book. We did find a match though. The blank that worked for my '83 was ilco (Allied Lock) number X87. Good luck.
          When did u go to Ace? Just now? You did that for me? If so.. whooaa cool..
          So u were able to cut the X87 key to work in your 83?? I will swing by my ace again.. i was there once.. but the lady couldnt find a match.. i will take a look at the x87 if they have it... thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gcextreme View Post
            When did u go to Ace? Just now? You did that for me? If so.. whooaa cool..
            So u were able to cut the X87 key to work in your 83?? I will swing by my ace again.. i was there once.. but the lady couldnt find a match.. i will take a look at the x87 if they have it... thanks
            Yeah, I dropped everything and drove 100 miles to the nearest Ace hardware just for you. :-).

Seriously, I had one cut using the X87 blank and it worked great.

Comment

Key X87

Just got back from my Local Ace Hardware.. they dont have an X87... so back to square 1. THanks

Comment

I have the same bike as you. My local locksmith had a stock key that fit and was able to make copies for me.

Comment

I have two different keys. Both work. I just found the second one. It is a "DC1" blank.

Comment

Working...
                  X