Eligible Honda R/R's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eligible Honda R/R's?

I'm in the market for a back-up R/R for a used one I already bought. I did a search and found some info. that was several years old but, now, so many people have learned so much....I thought I'd run this by you.

What about the Shendengen 236-12, which was made for the '79 Honda CB750F (and probably a bunch of others)? I believe it's wired like this:
    3 Yellow
    1 White
    2 Black
    1 Green
    1 Red

Will it work good on my '80 Gs750L? Thanks, to all!!
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

seems to be no...
    Last edited by rustybronco; 08-21-2006, 10:16 PM.
    De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Yes

Well, I saw that thread, as well.....but it would seem odd that it wouldn't work for a bike of almost the same year when so many of the worked well. What could have made things so different?

I was hoping someone else has had experience with it because it, surely, can't be much different, considering the vast similarities between all of these bikes of that era.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckycheese View Post
        Well, I saw that thread, as well.....but it would seem odd that it wouldn't work for a bike of almost the same year when so many of the worked well. What could have made things so different?

I was hoping someone else has had experience with it because it, surely, can't be much different, considering the vast similarities between all of these bikes of that era.
        It isn't odd that it won't work. This Honda model uses a field coil alternator instead of a permanent magnet. The R/R is very different, unsimilar and unusable for bikes like yours with a PM alternator. It is designed to adjust the field coil current to regulate the charging output. That is why the wiring scheme is different and strange compared to an R/R designed for a PM alternator.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks, Philip! I wish I knew half as much as you do about these things.:-D

Comment

Working...
          X