Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

electrex RR10 question

Hi,

I am planning on replacing my fried stator and voltage regulator with electrex units. but I have one question. My bike is a 79 GS1000E which has seperate voltage regulator and rectifier units. My question is does the Electrex RR10 include both of these functions in one unit.

Thanks.
    shanegs1000e

Re: electrex RR10 question

Yes, the Electrex RR10 is a combined regulator/rectifier. I am using one on my 79GS750. It replaces the original separate components.

Earl

Originally posted by shanegs1000e
    Hi,

My question is does the Electrex RR10 include both of these functions in one unit.

Thanks.
    shanegs1000e
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Smart move. Best $$ you'll ever spend on your bike! KK.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

What about replacing just the regulator with Electrix and not the stator. My stator is still good. Where is the weak link?

Comment

the weak link is the conections for the stator to regulator/ rectifier, and the regulator ground.
          these are the number one cause of charging problems including stator failures.

Comment

If I fix those - and it doesn't seem that difficult - is there any reason to go the the Electrix unit if my stock one is functioning?

Comment

If it is working fine and the voltage is good, 14 to 14.8 volts at 5,000 rpm, then yes stock is just fine.
              my 1000g still has the original regulator/rectifier on it and may also have the original stator (not sure on the stator) at 128,000+ miles.
              I actualy could use a new regulator, my bike is making 15 volts at 5,000 rpm's.

Comment

The stator papers is where I went to diagnose the condition of the stator. If you follow the directions and all three leads give the same voltage and it is within the tolerances listed in the article, your stator is fine. If not it is the first place to consider replacing. you will find if you get the RR-10 that it will eliminate some of the wiring you are using now. the connections are simple. A ground (to the battery is best) a positive to the battery and the three plugs that come from the stator. Its simplicity freaked me out when I got mine and had to call Electrex to make sure I hadn't missed anything. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the info.

shanegs1000e

Comment

Working...
                  X