X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks - nice looking piece -

Comment

Originally posted by benchrgw View Post
      Thought I better make sure I had clearly described what is on bike, wish I had good pictures - need to work on that.

One hose comes from original oil pick up area behind cylinders and goes to oil cooler, other hose from cooler goes to the oil filter cover which has been fabricated to have a hose barb on it. The center of the oil filter cover has been machined to accept the oil switch which appears to be just a spring loaded valve / switch. Wire from this switch run back to the connection behind the cylinders (under the starter cover)

Does this sound like a familiar cooler to anyone? Maybe I should junk it and start over moving switch back to original location and checking from there.
      I've never seen or heard of a set-up like that. It may work just fine, I don't know. If it is the same switch that came off of the original set-up, it might be bad. I have an extra switch you could have if you want to try it. But it sounds like it would look funky having one line going back behind the engine and one going down in front of the engine. Mine both go over each side of the engine:

Once the gas tank is on, you hardly notice the lines:

85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
      79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
        That is one nice lookin mo-chine Reno. Beautiful detail work.

Comment

Originally posted by HammerHead View Post
          That is one nice lookin mo-chine Reno. Beautiful detail work.
          Thanks! :-D
          85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
          79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Reno - thanks for your input and I agree with Hammerhead - BEAUtiful bike, I've got alot of work ahead to look nearly that nice.

Comment

Great news - thanks for input - rather than chase lots of oil pressure issues, several replies made me question the oil cooler. I removed cooler and replaced oil filter cover with correct cover. Moved oil pressure switch back to factory position. No more oil pressure problems.

Put about 50 trouble free miles on today.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Since the same switch works now, it appears it was the routing/switch location all along.
                And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
                X