X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch slippage gone!

Hi guys,
    I worked on my GS750 77' for a whole day:
    I replaced the clutch plates, springs and brake pads. I gave it new brake fluid and new oil and filter.

-My clutch slip problem is completely gone now.
    -The clutch is a bit hard...but thats ok I think.
    -I gave 20/50 oil and the bikes sound has changed completely. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY???

Anyway. I would like to thank you all for your help. The site has been an excellent help...
    Cheers,
    Kroisos.

I too run a 20/50 wt oil. You may notice that it drags when you first put in gear when cold. Just let it warm up first

Comment

I run 20w/50 in my bikes all the time,admittedly in Australia which I believe may be bit warmer than Denmark the base weight (the 20w bit) is why the engine sounds different. I in an attempt to be kind to my beloved Tractor tried a 15W/50 semi-synthetic oil once, it made the engine sound terrible and I needed to adjust the idle 8O. Discretion being the better part of valour I changed back to the 20W/50 it had always been run on and problem solved 8). the 20W oil is thicker when cold so it helps to dampen some of the engine noises.
      Dink

Comment

If you dont mind the diferent sound, an oil such as syntec 5W50 or mobile one 15w50 will help with the dragging while the engine is cold as said in previous posts. Synthetics with a range such as in the 2 bove mentioned oils did eliminate the dragging in my bike

Comment

The brand of oil can effect noise. When my parents returned my van to me after a 20,000km trip it was making an upsetting noise. Low and behold I found a Canadian tire oil filter on the engine. When I asked about this my dads response was "You should have heard the engine after we had the oil changed at Wal-Mart." :x I'm now back to Castrol and things are running smoothly.

Steve

Comment

Noisy Motor

Try looking at the length of the screw near were 2 o'clock would be looking at the clutch cover. It may well be to long causing it to grind into the outer basket of the clutch. Well it does on the 1000 motor (Yep I did it). That is for a little noise, for a big noise check a manuel and make sure everything is in the right place,done up tight and rotates freely before you put the plates back in. (The inner basket moves freely)

Comment

Working...
            X