Choke lever for GS1000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choke lever for GS1000?

I need a handlebar-mounted choke lever for my GS1000 since I replaced the GS front end with a GSXR 1000 front end and can't use the GS choke knob anymore. Is there a handlebar-mounted choke lever from a GS or other Suzuki bike that will work?

Thanks!

dude, you should go with the 78 style. Right there on the carbs.

Comment

Which looks like what? Is it a lever or something attached to the choke slider?

Comment

I bought a new left handle bar switch for my 80 that does have a choke through the triple. The new switch had the choke lever on it. I think they discontinued the switch w/out the choke lever.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
          I bought a new left handle bar switch for my 80 that does have a choke through the triple. The new switch had the choke lever on it. I think they discontinued the switch w/out the choke lever.
          Sweet! Where'd you get it? I had the type of choke that went through the triple too.

If a GS version like the one you got can't be found, I'm leaning toward modding up a Bandit/GSXR/Busa left bar switch with a choke lever. Knowing Suzuki, the wiring should be the same down to the colors of the wires. :mrgreen:

In any case, it'll beat the crap outta having to reach down and manually pull the slide to choke the carbs when starting the bike.
          Last edited by Guest; 05-22-2007, 01:17 PM.

Comment

I bought it here http://www.mrcycles.com/default.asp
            Mine has # 374-6 stamped on it.
            I double checked the part numbers and all the left handle bar switches have been replaced with part # 37400-45373 which does have the choke lever.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

Chef-

Thanks for the link! How long did it take to get your switch? Did it plug right in?

Comment

These guys are pretty good. I've made over 10 purchases from them and I keep going back.
                They are in North Carolina and I always got my stuff in less than a week (One back order took a little longer)
                Yes, it was a plug and play.

Comment

Thanks for the response. What kind of choke cable did you end up using?

Comment

The '85 GS1150 has a choke lever that is mounted on the left handle bar, under the light switches. You might be able to adapt it.

Comment

82 gs850g has one also.
                      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
                        Thanks for the response. What kind of choke cable did you end up using?
                        I'm still using the one through the triple. Just an empty lever for now.

Comment

The GS(X)1100EZ/ESD had a left hand handle bar choke attached to the bottom of the turn switch. Attach's to the same place as the GS1000E central choke on the carbs, will need a longer cable though.

Suzuki mad

1981 GS1000ET
                          1983 GS(X)1100ESD
                          2002 GSF1200K1
                          Last edited by Guest; 05-23-2007, 04:56 AM. Reason: added more

Comment

Working...
                          X