X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello im new

ive got alot of ?????? 1were is the cheapest parts place
    2im looking for a stator ive change the battery but light is still on
    3 bike run great cold but when it warms up it sputters when you crack the throttle hesitation oh yeah im a new rider 1st bike
    Last edited by Guest; 06-09-2007, 10:36 AM. Reason: pics added

You've read the "Stator Pages" then?

The stator is a pretty robust device, actually. If it has gone, there's something else in your bike that took it out.
    Mark Fisher
    sigpic

Comment

oooopps

no but now i will check

Comment

Originally posted by scrubby View Post
        ive got alot of ?????? 1were is the cheapest parts place
        2im looking for a stator ive change the battery but light is still on
        3 bike run great cold but when it warms up it sputters when you crack the throttle hesitation oh yeah im a new rider 1st bike

OK Scrubby, new rider, we got that. New to you bike & this site, we got that too. Now we need know what kind of bike, where you R at, and hopefully a picture of the bike.

Figure out the search feature. All your questions have already been answered many times.

That battery light issue may just be a missing sensor. Look for a stray wire by the battery and touch it to the + battery post. The light may go out.

Lots of people here like Z1, Bikebandit, & ebay for parts.

If you have not taken the MC safety course do it soon. You will hear that from everyone here.

Welcome !!
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Yeah Scrubby, we do need you to fill us in. Where are you & what's your bike.

The Stator Papers will answer all you questions about the charging system. Follow it like the Gospel. You can find it in the Garage section on the home page.

I like Flatout Motorcycles for oem parts. www.flatoutmotorcycles.com. Cheaper than BikeBandit, but a little slow on shipping.

Welcome to the GSR. Pics are mandatory!

Comment

i ve got

1982 gs1100e pics will get posted when i take some ....or ask my wife nicely ..im from calgary canada 30 yrs old all motorcycle course here are booked till sept but i dont wish to startriding till i get all these qwerks out of it

Comment

Lotta bike, take the course first...
              De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

yup

but i will be taking a course but its gonna be awhile ..post pics tonight, as for it running like crap when the bike warms up any ideas .i thought maybe gas...drained it ran it with premium. ran good but once it warm up hesitation almost like its getting to much or not enough fuel gotta a guy looking at it tonight any thoughts and i could relay the info

Comment

On the hesitation, start with the easy things first. Like tracing your fuel line for kinks or blockage. Make sure you vacuum hose to the petcock is good and connected properly. Pull the tank off and remove petcock to see if filter is plugged. This should take you all of one hour and may solve your problem.

Comment

Sorry for the second post. Ditto on the light staying on. On my 83 gs1100 have to hook sensor line to the battery (believe it was positive post). The light comes on when you turn ignition on but then goes out once started.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post
                      I like Flatout Motorcycles for oem parts. www.flatoutmotorcycles.com. Cheaper than BikeBandit, but a little slow on shipping.

Welcome to the GSR. Pics are mandatory!
                      They are definitely the cheapest. Shipping is slow but I think thats more Suzuki's fault than theirs I have spent tons of money with them and they always deliver (eventually)

Comment

but...

Originally posted by thewiz View Post
                        Sorry for the second post. Ditto on the light staying on. On my 83 gs1100 have to hook sensor line to the battery (believe it was positive post). The light comes on when you turn ignition on but then goes out once started.
                        yeah but mines on all the time

Comment

1982 gs1100e

Now I gotta see those pics. Yes, that is alot-o-bike. Learning how to stop that beast is a must. Laying down 100 ft burn outs is your decision....

If theres not a wire coming outa one of the battery cells then its laying loose somewhere near the battery. Find the wire. Connect it to the + battery post. Light goes out.
                          Last edited by bonanzadave; 06-01-2007, 07:36 PM.
                          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

i thought maybe gas...drained it ran it with premium.
                            Ditch the premium gas. Unless you have a big-bore kit and hotter cams, you will likely get worse performance by using premium gas. This does not take into account the increased deposits that will build up on the valves and spark plugs. Run the lowest grade that prevents "pinging" or "knocking" in the engine. That is usually regular grade gas.

sigpic
                            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride
                            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

As to the stumble when warm, Try pulling the choke out about half way and see if it gets better or worse. What this does is enriches the mixture from the carbs to the engine. post what happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X