No announcement yet.

Help with a stiff cock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture Rosie O'Donnell and Janet Reno doing things that in Massachusetts could get them qualified for marriage.

+

=

PROBLEM SOLVED. CASE CLOSED.

Comment

there goes mine... probably permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
        So I put my stiff cock in a pot of boiling water and chicken stock and jezuz christmas now it may never move again.
        It didn't move before (it was stiff remember), what make you think its ever going to work again?, don't blame us!!!
        Back to the original topic... keep moving it, it will loosen up.
        Last edited by rustybronco; 06-12-2007, 12:58 PM.
        De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Cooking talk
          Onions, celery and carrots = Mire Poix.

+ never boil a stock or it will get cloudy. :shock:
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Well I cleaned the petcock and used some white lithum spray-on grease on the valve like suggested and it's made some improvement but it's still fairly tight, I'm not sure what else to try except replace it with a new one which seems like a waste considering my petcock works.

Comment

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
              It didn't move before (it was stiff remember), what make you think its ever going to work again?, don't blame us!!!
              Back to the original topic... keep moving it, it will loosen up.
              Agreed. Considering the shape of the items involved and the national knowledge that chicken grease is finger-lickin' good, it surely would be of considerable benefit to have a KFC broker apply a bit of leverage when optioning the new stock pot and getting the gas turned on. although I am unsure of how best to deal with the movement afterwards.
              Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                Cooking talk
                Onions, celery and carrots = Mire Poix.
                Onions, celery, carrots and chicken = chicken pox ?

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post
                  I am unsure of how best to deal with the movement afterwards.
                  Thank mr. crapper!

Comment

Mirepoix is the French name for a combination of onions, carrots and celery (either common Pascal celery or celeriac). Mirepoix, either raw, roasted or sautéed with butter, is the flavor base for a wide number of dishes, such as soups, stews and sauces.
                    These three ingredients are commonly referred to as aromatics. Similar such combinations, both in and out of the French culinary repertoire, may include leeks, parsnips, garlic, tomatoes, shallots, mushrooms, bell peppers, chiles, and ginger. For the combination mirepoix au gras, or a Matignon, ham and/or pork belly are used as additional ingredients.
                    They may be used in various combinations, as dictated by the cuisine and the dish itself.
                    Traditionally, the ratio for mirepoix is 2:1:1 of onions, celery, and carrots. The ratio for bones to mirepoix for stock is 10:1. When making a white stock, or fond blanc, parsnips are used instead of carrots to maintain the pale color.
                    Mirepoix derives its name, as many other elements of French cuisine do,[1] from the patron of the chef who established it, in this case one of the house of Lévis, seigneurs of Mirepoix since the eleventh century, a famous name in Languedoc.[2]The particular member of the house of Lévis whose chef is credited by the Dictionnaire de l'Académie française with giving a name to an old technique is Charles-Pierre-Gaston François de Lévis, duc de Lévis-Mirepoix (1699-1757), maréchal de France and ambassador of Louis XV.[3]
                    The holy trinity of cuisine, the three ingredients key to a particular cuisine, vary from culture to culture. The term is most commonly used in reference to Louisiana Creole and Cajun cuisine, where the trinity is chopped celery, bell peppers, and onions. A soffritto is the classic basis of Italian cuisines, varying somewhat by region, and Sofrito serves a similar purpose in Spanish cuisines.
                    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

new units are $45 or so... mine is hard to turn as well but i don't think i will be buying another. no telling what sort of gum, slime, filth has accumulated in there in 23 years...

i'm hungry...

Comment

Dang, chef. Now I have to go to the store to get more ingredients.

Comment

Ummmmmk....

to get back on topic... I just took my pet-cock apart and got to wondering what in the world would make it so hard to turn. So i started by thoroughly cleaning everything... No change... Then i tried replaced the o-ring on the selector switch (knob for the rest of you-LOL)... still no change. Lube all of it with silicone spray... Still not any better... Then i figured out my problem. THE SPRING! The spring puts way too much pressure on the little plastic thing-a-majig (dont know the name) that actually funnels from the different choices. Any how, i took the spring out and it twists nice and easy. Now obviously because the spring is an important part of the cock, you cant just leave it out. And since these things worked when they were new, i'm not sure what to do to fix it. I know springs dont get harder with age, but i think the plastic piece may have something to do with it.

To get to the point, my cocks still stiff like the rest of ya'll, and i cant figure out what to do to make it better... But i may be on to something.

Seems to me you could heat the spring ever so lightly and make it a hair smaller. But dont take my word for it and get ****ed if you jack up your bike.

Anyhow, let me know what you guys think... I didnt want to start yet another stiff cock thread. So sorry for the hi-jack.

Also, has anyone made a "clean your (pet)cock" write up? If not, i may do that for ya'll tomorrow (for those who are inexperienced)

Comment

Mirepoix is the French name for a combination of onions, carrots and celery (either common Pascal celery or celeriac). Mirepoix, either raw, roasted or sautéed with butter, is the flavor base for a wide number of dishes, such as soups, stews and sauces.
                            These three ingredients are commonly referred to as aromatics. Similar such combinations, both in and out of the French culinary repertoire, may include leeks, parsnips, garlic, tomatoes, shallots, mushrooms, bell peppers, chiles, and ginger. For the combination mirepoix au gras, or a Matignon, ham and/or pork belly are used as additional ingredients.
                            They may be used in various combinations, as dictated by the cuisine and the dish itself.
                            Traditionally, the ratio for mirepoix is 2:1:1 of onions, celery, and carrots. The ratio for bones to mirepoix for stock is 10:1. When making a white stock, or fond blanc, parsnips are used instead of carrots to maintain the pale color.
                            Mirepoix derives its name, as many other elements of French cuisine do,[1] from the patron of the chef who established it, in this case one of the house of Lévis, seigneurs of Mirepoix since the eleventh century, a famous name in Languedoc.[2]The particular member of the house of Lévis whose chef is credited by the Dictionnaire de l'Académie française with giving a name to an old technique is Charles-Pierre-Gaston François de Lévis, duc de Lévis-Mirepoix (1699-1757), maréchal de France and ambassador of Louis XV.[3]
                            The holy trinity of cuisine, the three ingredients key to a particular cuisine, vary from culture to culture. The term is most commonly used in reference to Louisiana Creole and Cajun cuisine, where the trinity is chopped celery, bell peppers, and onions. A soffritto is the classic basis of Italian cuisines, varying somewhat by region, and Sofrito serves a similar purpose in Spanish cuisines.
                            Leave it to the French, to come up with a food that sounds more like a biological weapon of some sort! Never questioned ya Chef...:-D

Now, back to the "stiff cock", if after a "good cleaning", lube and inspection (OH...this is so easy to get off track on), and it is still "tight"...(WOW...it just doesn't end) like other things in life, find yourself a new one! Some will agree, out with the old and in with the new.... fweeeeew, glad that's done!@

Comment

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

KY?:shock:
                              Hey .. whut does that thar mean ?

Mike

Comment

Not a reference to the great state of Kentucky. \\/
                                One of the best times of my life was spent at Daniel Boone National Forest.

Comment

Working...
                                X