Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arveejay
    Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
    Not sure of the ohm reading, but #140404 are for a capacitor discharge ignition (CDI) So it is the wrong application.
    I found a sight this morning that listed the 140404 for the CDI type and the 140403 for the non CDI type, but I am one of those who thought it had a CDI unit in it and I was really confused by it all. So these coils would be for the newer 82-? bikes with the CDI type of ignition, right? I did for curiousities sake pull all of the wires and now it ohms at 00.8 ohms. As said before, somebody really thought they were doing right but were actually creating an unsolveable situation till the coils were changed again. Well I learned a lesson today. Thanks again for the help.
    What does your shop manual say for the ohms reading???

Comment

Just a thought, don't know if it would work. You could probably still use them if you put a 2 ohm ballast resistor in series with the + power lead

Comment

I checked the clymer manual and it wouldn't say what ohms should be, but they are clearly for the CDI ignition. I guess I'll list them on ebay and see if anybody needs them. I bought used coils from a fellow in Ca. and bike runs great so I don't need them.

Comment

it would be nice to know how they work.
          i have a 1980GS850GL that i'm trying to get up and running, got it to turn over, but now i can't get a spark. replaced all the plugs, what's next to check?

Comment

Working...
          X