To the carb gods. HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE View Post
    If you have spark at #2, fuel in the bowl, clean jets, but a dry plug preventing combustion...
    you have either a large intake leak not allowing sufficient fuel to enter the cylinder, an intake valve/flat cam not allowing sufficient mixture in, or very low compression at that cylinder.

I thought so too,but putting my hand over the carb gives me the same suction as the rest of the cylinders. I will pull the carbs off again and hit them with some compressed air.Thanks for the input though. Any other thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by NEO View Post
      I thought so too,but putting my hand over the carb gives me the same suction as the rest of the cylinders. I will pull the carbs off again and hit them with some compressed air.Thanks for the input though. Any other thoughts?
      I did forget another thought. Not as likely and I'd think it more obvious to see while inspecting and comparing visually to the other "good" carbs...but there could be something wrong with the throttle valve adjuster screw or holder nut assembly that is effecting vacuum. Loosening the holder nut and adjusting the screw should show correct slide movement.
      And I do know what you mean by covering the carbs and comparing suction but that's not an accurate test to prove things are right.
      Low compression will not allow good combustion.
      Intake leak still a possibility. This will obviously effect vacuum and the jets can't draw near enough fuel. An intake leak will effect all 3 jetting circuits, pilot/needle/main, so regardless of throttle position, the jets will not draw enough fuel, if any, to allow combustion. Quick and easy to check the manifolds and inner o-ring.
      Valve clearances, as part of basic tuning, should be checked.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
      X