Fork oil level ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork oil level ?

There are no doubt about that I have to much oil in the forks.
    Do some now a easy way to reduce the level and control it ????
    (Without to take the forks apart)

Best Reg
    KnutK

You could remove the fork caps. (Don't forget to loosen the top triple tree clamps bolts before removing the fork caps). Then sipon some off with a hose. I'd use a clear hose so you can see the the oil. Dump the oil siponed from each fork into two containers of the same type so you'll know that the amount removed from each fork is equal.

After your done measure the fluid level and to make sure it's equal. The measured level won't match what the manual calls for because the forks aren't straight up and down or compressed but you can check that they're equal.

Comment

If your bike is like mine,you can drain some oil out of the oil drain screws at the base of each fork leg. The forks have a fairly precision fluid level requirement however and I think the forks should be removed and done properly like the manual says, or you'll end up with too little fluid or too much and ruin your seals. KK.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

The following link has some very helpful information about suspensions including fork oil levels.

Comment

Working...
        X