Right size tires?? 1979 GS1000L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right size tires?? 1979 GS1000L

Can someone tell me the 2best size tires to put on this bike front and back. Thanks

Re: Right size tires?? 1979 GS1000L

Originally posted by idrum
    Can someone tell me the 2best size tires to put on this bike front and back. Thanks
    According to the Suzuki factory manual,your bike came with a 3.50x19 front and a 4.50x17 rear. In todays metric system, you can go with a 110/90 or 100/90x19 and a 130/90x17. Same as my '79 GS1000EN. KK.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

79 GS

Thanks Do you like your bike?? Do you have problems with the points?? Can you convert to electronic. I picked this bike up for 500 and it is mint but not sure if I should inverst the money Thanks

Comment

I personally have no problem with the point system. But you can convert to electronic ign. Dyna ign and you also need to change coils expect to spend around $400-450 new parts or chck ebay.

Comment

Re: 79 GS

Originally posted by idrum
          Thanks Do you like your bike?? Do you have problems with the points?? Can you convert to electronic. I picked this bike up for 500 and it is mint but not sure if I should inverst the money Thanks
          I bought my bike new in Nov.'79. Have 117,000 miles so far. Yeah,I like it! I have the Dyna 'S' and coils,much better than stock.It all depends on how much you ride and how long you plan to keep the bike. The points are cheap and if you don't mind periodic adjustments,then go with them. The Dyna normally does not require any adjustments after it's set. If you're in it for the long run,I would go with the Dyna. Another VERY smart improvement is the Electrex regulator/rectifier unit. Check out the 'Stator Papers' at this site and you'll understand. If you need info/help on anything,just ask. I've learned a lot from living with this bike for nearly 24 years. KK.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I think you'll have a better idea of what condition the bike is in after you put in a couple really long days and get to know it. I've noticed that some of the members spend too much time making the perfect bike when they could be out riding the 400$ heap that it started out as and wait until winter to fix it up.

Out of all the bikes that I see at my building my 400 is the ugliest and most ridden. I'd miss out on thousands of kilometres of riding if I wanted to fix her up...

Steve

Comment

Working...
            X