Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vesrah clutch springs

Hi guys,
    I recently installed new Vesrah clutch plates and springs in my 77' GS750. I have no clutch slip any more and the bike is running really well. But the clutch is so stiff that my left arm hurts for days after a ride. The springs are longer and stiffer (heavy duty) than the old ones, and it was rather difficult to install them.

I am planning on putting the old springs back in there, but I cannot help thinking that there is a possibility that the clutch will slip again.

1o you think the clutch will slip again if I install old springs with new plates?

2:Has anyone had any experience with Vesrah clutch springs?

3:Some of you guys have mentioned changing every other spring with a heavy duty, is that a good idea?

Cheers...

1) yes probably.
    2) no not personally, but I love there disc pads
    3) alternating heavy duty and NEW stock springs is what most have ended up with and would not give the slippage problems you were having.
    Dink

Comment

I had a similar problem with EBC clutch springs. I ended up shimming my old springs with spark plug washers. Worked great. No slip. No heavy clutch pull.

Comment

You can buy new (Suzuki) springs pretty cheap through bikebandit, and even cheaper through ronayers. :twisted:

Comment

Just stick with the vesrah springs....they will "break in" and not be so hard to pull... Make sure your clutch cable is properly lubed and routed in a "natural" way so you don't have any kinks in it to impede proper sliding of the inner cable. The Vesrah springs will wear out to a normal pull in a few hundred miles. That first hundred is tough though.... You might also think about putting a zip tie on your pulled in clutch lever and leaving it over night. This may help break in the new springs faster. Be prepared to adjust your cable after this cause it will stretch..... Seems like if you did this while the motor was warm and let it sit all nite to cool with the clutch pulled in it might be better.....

Comment

Originally posted by HiSPL
            Just stick with the vesrah springs....they will "break in" and not be so hard to pull...
            You see, Tim did this....of course his left arm looks like Popeye's!!!!

Hap

Comment

I have used them and barnett heay duty springs, Tim is right on the money, make sure you are well lubed (ok not you, the cable) I use a cable lube "kit" wich forces the lube through under pressure. and hang in there it will get better

Comment

Working...
              X