Petcock bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR.ED
    AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!! 8O :mrgreen: that last post is the one that i was looking for. now I have to find the right bolts and these fiber washers.. or make them thanks!!!! P.S. gas eats teflon tape--- allready tried it!!! turns it into mush but thanks anyway
    On the teflon tape thing. Lots of us use it on our fuel valves and have no problems. Perhaps we all should discuss this tape item. I thought that the pingel company had teflon tape listed as one of the items necessary to use in the valve installation.????

Comment

Yeahh we should discuss this teflon tape thing. like what kind where we got it and what we used it on! Im very interested in this!!!!! Does anyone know if i can get those washers from suzuki???

Comment

I think it's supposed to work like this.
        The O-ring that is between the petcock and tank is to prevent the leak at the tank. And there is supposed to be copper-sealing washers between the bolt head and the petcock to prevent any gas leaking out from around the bolt.

Roman

Comment

Mr. Ed if they are the same size as on an 83 gs1100GK the part # for the seals is 09168-06023 at http://www.ronayers.com/main.cfm they are $.75 each. The bolts are part #09128-06057 and are $.59 ea. I know because I just ordered them for my bike. Oh and if you look on bike bandit they are a different part # but these are the superseeded #'s

Comment

petcock bolt leaks

I just got my 79gs750e running after its 12 year slumber (thanks earlfor!);
            One of my projects was replacing the PETCOCK BOLT GASKETS. Got the pair for 99 cents. no mo leeks! They were gotten at the local suzuki shop as an oem part from their fiche set. I dont bet very often, but I will bet your issue would be resolved if you do what I did.

Comment

:mrgreen: THANK YOU___THANK YOU___THANK YOU-- thanks guys and gals for all the info!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by slopoke
                AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!! 8O :mrgreen: that last post is the one that i was looking for. now I have to find the right bolts and these fiber washers.. or make them thanks!!!! P.S. gas eats teflon tape--- allready tried it!!! turns it into mush but thanks anyway
                On the teflon tape thing. Lots of us use it on our fuel valves and have no problems. Perhaps we all should discuss this tape item. I thought that the pingel company had teflon tape listed as one of the items necessary to use in the valve installation.????
                Pingel does say to use teflon tape.I used the standard white tape from local hardware store and had no problem. There are other colors of teflon tape such as yellow and pink. I just read the label on the yellow, says it is for gasoline,natural gas,propane,etc. I bought it for sealing a natural gas pipe.The white does'nt say. Maybe I should have used the yellow? Like I said,I did'nt have a problem with the white. I've seen pink before but don't know what it's used for.
                And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Teflon tape and Gasoline experiment

Originally posted by slopoke
                  I just completed a small experiment with white teflon tape(purchased at Home Depot in the plumbing dept.) and gasoline. I placed a small 2" strip of white teflon tape in a small container of gasoline for several minutes and when I removed the tape there was no loss of integrity to the tape even though it turned clear. So my conclusion is at least the teflon tape I used is not affected by gasoline. Maybe the difference is in the colors?

Comment

I had the same problem.............went back to the fibre washers and no more leaks. I bought a dozen last time around should last about 6 petcock removals. Sealants work but by the time you keep gooping it on the head of the bolts, it looks like crap and there is no more paint on your generator cover.

Go with the washers, they should have used a blind hole instead of a through hole, real poor design.

8) Andre 8)

Comment

Perhaps it wasnt actually teflon tape i picked up. I dont remember it was quite a few years ago . since iv found locktite P.S.T. so i no longer use teflon tape. Good call on that POOR design :x

Comment

Working...
                      X