GS450S '85 Valve adjustment and some question about carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS450S '85 Valve adjustment and some question about carbs

Hi, So my GS won't run smoothly. And some iginition part has been change (signal generators and spark wires and plugs and also new altrenator)

So There is still problem with getting RPMs up and exhaustpipes get damn hot very fast.

I have think that there might be some problem with valve adjustment (exhaust valve carries or something)

or something with carburators. (those I have cleaned up but no use.) and using Choke don't make any difference. (exept when warm engine stops)

But funniest here is that engine starts damn well and idle quite well

Originally posted by VT86 View Post
    But funniest here is that engine starts damn well and idle quite well
    you may be running too rich so the engine warms up quickly when cold and idles well (as if under choke) but dies when choke applied when engine hot?

so, i'd check the valves first and then move onto the carb adjustment - by reading the plugs
    GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
      you may be running too rich so the engine warms up quickly when cold and idles well (as if under choke) but dies when choke applied when engine hot?

so, i'd check the valves first and then move onto the carb adjustment - by reading the plugs

It idles well even when engine is warm. Starts damn well when warm and very well with cold engine (cold engine with choke).

I Didn't get any improvment even I remove airfilterbox lid. I'm very confuse with this bike at the moment. Is it possible that CDI Box has lost "timing" so it won work in higher RPMs

Comment

sorry, from your desciption i'm no longer sure what exactly is your problem

i would still look into:
        adjusting the valves (so you have a good background for adjusting the carbs)
        make sure there are no leaks in the intake system
        sync the carbs
        do a plug chop at low throttle and adjust the carbs screws accordingly
        GS850GT

Comment

I just got done fixing up the same bike.
          Clean the carbs http://www.thegsresources.com/gs_carbrebuild.htm
          Replace the o-rings behind the intake boots.
          Make sure you have a fresh battery.
          Make sure air box is sealed.
          If there still is a problem the igniter with a built in advance might be bad.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
          X