Fork seals on Ebay...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork seals on Ebay...

I really need to reseal my forks, and the sooner the better (TX ride approaching FAST)... there are multiple listings for fork seals for 11 and change with 2 dollar shipping. Is this a good price? I seem to be unable to find these in other places, Dennis Kirk, JCWhitney...... Any ideas?

$11 sounds good, if the are the right ones for your bike. :twisted:

Comment

$11 is a good price......but the important thing is quality since the major investment is in your time changing them. Even expensive ones are only $20, or so.

I seem to remember that BikeBandit.com had several listed for my bike (83 GS750ES), and Ronayers.com may have some also (at a more competitive price).

Comment

The ones listed on Bike Bandit are singles or the pair? I got a price of 10.55 or so. Also I am looking for fork OIL seals right? How likely do you think that more than the seal would need replacing?

Comment

I usuall change out the dust seal at the same time I change the fork oil seal.

One of the reasons the seals fail is that sand and debris get past the dust seal into the oil seal and damage it.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mdole
            I usuall change out the dust seal at the same time I change the fork oil seal.

One of the reasons the seals fail is that sand and debris get past the dust seal into the oil seal and damage it.

Mike
            Good point, Michael.

bgmart, you should also think about replacing the teflon-coated "anti-friction" bushings (inner and outer).

Comment

Listed as singles. :twisted:

Comment

Working...
              X