Junque yard 1150 clutch basket (parts)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junque yard 1150 clutch basket (parts)

Well I went to change out the clutch plates in my old 1150 and found the basket to be pretty rough. It seems there was a 10 (fiber) disk clutch in the bike. They were quite worn, the plates that is, but the basket was mucked up enough to influence clutch function.
    I went to look up the primary drive gear assembly only to find 2 numbers availible. I have engine numbers but I don't know if the engine is an 'E' or an 'ES' or a 'G'. I have no idea how to tell. The engine numbers are V701-102597.
    The baskets availible are 21200-00A00 and 21299-00A02. The listing specifies G model and then referances gs550s. ????????????
    I found this information at Bike-bandit and similar information on MR and one other internet site. I sent an inquirie off to several of these providers but got no answers. I would guess the tatoo'd, go-tee sporting 20 year old hot shot GSXR rider wasn't very interested in such old Junk.
    Can anyone help me out? That's why I am doing so much internet bussiness because I do not at all interest any of the local (East central Wisconsin) partts dealers. As a matter of fact none of them stock anything but oil filters. They have a full complement of Honda and Yamaha parts but Suzuki must have different parts policies. That's all I can figure anyhow.
    My son was really starting to enjoy riding when we went to change the rear tire, change the rear gear to a 41, and swap out some clutch parts. We are now 2 weeks down.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fastrip
    Last edited by Guest; 07-18-2008, 09:53 PM.

You can do a search on google for sites that can de-code your vin number for free, this is how i found out my bike was an E model as ooposed to teh other available models for that year. For each year suzuki gave a different letter so really my bike is an ED the D signifies it was made in 1983. Hope this helps.

Comment

If the picture of the red and black bike is yours and what you are working on its an EFE or ESF/ESE model 1984/5 before the slabby side GSXR1100.

If you can find an ESD (1983) its the same clutch basket.

Suzuki mad
      Last edited by Guest; 07-19-2008, 06:21 AM. Reason: .....

Comment

Mine looks are decieving.
        It is an 84 engine (?) in an 86 chassis. That has everything to do with the numbers issue.
        I bought the 84 engine in a chassis but am suspisious that it may well have been a transplant there also.

Comment

alpha-sports.com

86 gs1150e... p/n 21200-00a02 r/b 21200-00a03

84-85 gs150e/es... p/n 21200-00a00 r/b 21200-00a01 r/b 21200-00a02 r/b 21200-00a03

looks like p/n 21200-00a03 to me for 84-86 gs150e/es
          De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

As long as your engine is an 1150 you need to make sure the clutch hub you get is a hub with 89 teeth on it. The GS1100E hubs have 87 teeth. They will NOT interchange! Also, do NOT listen to the guy from England as Canada & Europe got bikes different than the USA bikes. The 83 bike he referred to would work if it were canadian or European but in the US it would be the 1100E. CALL me if you need help. I know you have my number. If you get my voice mail, leave a # & I'll call you back. Ray.

Comment

These are the models that have the clutch basket that you are after. Unfortunately only 3 models in total. This clutch basket has the 89 tooth primary drive as Ray says you need. Around $270 from a dealer.

Hope this helps.

Part # = 21200-00A03
              Part Description = GEAR ASSEMBLY, PRIMARY DRIVE
              Model Count = 3
              GSX1150ESG 1986 1135 GSX1150ES STREET
              GS1100ESE 1984 1100 GS1100ES STREET
              GS1150ESF 1985 1135 GS1150ES SPORT

Comment

Thank you!!!!!!!!!
                I heard there were some gear differences, I heard number of teeth and spur versus helical. All hear say, no one could give me facts.
                Again I am satisfied with the answers. I wish I could do something for the shared wisdom. If by chance anyone needs help with a machine shop/machinist kind of problem or if there is something you need to know about conventional heat treat and/or materials involved, please do not hesitate to ask. I am an experienced machinist and as far as the metallurgical stuff, if I can not provide answers, I am hooked up with several people who can.

Do any of you guys have preferred providers.

Thanks again, a million,
                Fastrip and son

Comment

Thanks Fastrip! If you ever need to get a question answered & don't have time to wait for an answer from the site, CALL me at 714-356-7845. I race GS dragbikes & probably build more GS motors than most guys on the west coast. Ray.

Comment

Working...
                  X