No announcement yet.

umm, really stupid question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reckon the backend of your bike must have all collapsed. What you need is ...
    A new swingingarm
    new shocks
    new tyre

Alternatively....

What everybody else said.
    Push down with your left foot on the centrestand, your left hand holding the left side of the bars.
    Pull up and a wee bit back with your right hand on the back under the seat or on the grabrail if you have one.

I usually kind of bounce my bikes on to the centrestand, a la , 1 wee bounce, 2 bigger bounce, 3 yay, up onto the centrestand.

fyi, I'm 6 ft and skinnier than some skeletons.

Comment

Get someone else to do it!

Comment

Years back, I had the skidding problem, till I realized it was because the bike was still in gear..... put it in neutral and try again.
        :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
        Past:73' CL360, 74' CB450, 80' GS550,
        83' CB550SC, 78' CX500, 81' GL1100,
        85' GL1200LTD, 85' Honda Rebel
        84' GS1150, 92' GSX 1100G
        Current:
        80' GS1100E,,
        81 Yamaha XS1100,
        01' Bandit 1200
        sigpic

Comment

I was going to tell you how to do it, but EVERYONE else did! But here is what I do:

1. Adjust yourself. That always makes you look cool.
          2. Peer over your shoulder. Should you f*** it up, you don't want anyone seeing you, but you also want some hot ladies around to see you with your sweet ride.
          3. Wear sunglasses. I call them sunglasses, but OSHA calls them safety glasses.
          4. Rev your engine. Alot. Do NOT honk your horn.
          5. (optional; depending on manliness) Run your fingers through your hair. Again, the ladies love that.
          6. Follow everyone elses instructions (there are plenty)
          7. Stand back, admire your work, and enjoy the company of 3 hot ladies that want to bone.

Thats what I do...

Comment

If you have that much problem getting it on a centre stand sell the bike and get one with a side stand and use a paddock stand.

Suzuki mad

Comment

Just get your wife to do it for you.

Earl
              Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Hey man, thanks for asking. It never occured to me I was doing it wrong. I just thought I was weak too

Just goes to show don't be scared to ask a question. Chances are other people are wondering the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyboy8950 View Post
                  I was going to tell you how to do it, but EVERYONE else did! But here is what I do:

1. Adjust yourself. That always makes you look cool.
                  2. Peer over your shoulder. Should you f*** it up, you don't want anyone seeing you, but you also want some hot ladies around to see you with your sweet ride.
                  3. Wear sunglasses. I call them sunglasses, but OSHA calls them safety glasses.
                  4. Rev your engine. Alot. Do NOT honk your horn.
                  5. (optional; depending on manliness) Run your fingers through your hair. Again, the ladies love that.
                  6. Follow everyone elses instructions (there are plenty)
                  7. Stand back, admire your work, and enjoy the company of 3 hot ladies that want to bone.

Thats what I do...
                  LOL!

What, list making isn't also wicked cool?

Comment

It works for me...

Comment

*I* unfortunately dont have a grab bar on my 1100G. It has been absconded with, and finding one is harder than finding a clean hooker in Soho at 4am while you're liquored up on Drambuie with your pants around your ankles and... Well, its hard to find. So, my method involves grabing both bars, putting my right foot on the stand, with my right hip close to the tank, jerking back on the bars and standing up on the stand. It comes right up, unless youre trying to go uphill with it, then its a little more tricky.

Comment

Hi Everyone
                        Kudos for asking your question about how in the world to get the bike onto the centerstand !!!
                        Really, there is no stupid question, and here is a pretty safe place to ask any question because more than likely - everyone here has had the same question at one time or another AND someone will know the answer !!.
                        I've only had my GS (& first ever bike) for 2 months now. I've taught myself how to ride, how to clean it up, how to do some of the maintenance, & how to fix a few things. The most boggling issue I've had to face is how to get it up on the centerstand.
                        The previous owner made it look SO easy. ((hint to GS sellers - take mercy on the poor uneducated soul buying your GS how to use the centerstand !!!))
                        When I brought it home, I tried with the ease & grace he demonstrated & I could hear the whole neighborhood snickering at me. It was sheer determination that got it up on the centerstand that day after many tries. Since then, I've only been able to 'get it up' once. It was a lot easier that time so I'm sure I'm getting the idea.
                        I'm 5'8 & weigh about 120lbs.

Good Luck

Comment

Yeah man, there are absolutely no stupid questions at all. Seriously. I would focus on grabbing the side bar underneath your seat with your right hand. Ive seen some people grab the bar at the end of the seat (if your seat has one). Problem with that is what happens when your seat rips out of the lock? Then your SOL. Hope this helps. The 850's are big bitches, but they do love to go through the gears.

Comment

6' 1" and 155 and i can put my 850 on the centerstand. left handlebar with your left hand and grab bar with your right. its more of a pushing down action than a pulling up.

Comment

I have an alternative for you.

Buy a crane.

Lift the bike anywhere , any time.

Sorted

oh, and just as a wee aside, I was helping somebody with an old gpz k*w**sak* the other week, and he went to throw it on the centrestand, and the stand snapped in two.
                              I nearly died laughing. It had rusted through in the past, and some idiot had put ducktape round it and painted it black. Thats what I call a quality repair.

The poor gpz owner, I'm sure there was a tear in his eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyboy8950 View Post
                                It works for me...

haha..Me Too! (See above) That's why I thought I was being mocked

Comment

Working...
                                X