Need 80 GS1100 E CV alum carb plug bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need 80 GS1100 E CV alum carb plug bad

Well Im senile, I was cleaning the carbs on the 80 GS1100E I just got and some how lost one of the aluminum plugs that has the flat O-ring on top and is covered by the float bowl. Ive turned the garage inside out, the dealer doesnt show them anymore and Im desperate. Ill beg or buy one or a whole set of crapper carbs to get one. They are the 34mm Mikuni CV ones that come on 82 & up Kawasaki GPZ750s, KZ1000, & 1100s and all the 1100 Suzuki air cooled motors. Please help, mean while Ill keep looking. Thanks, desperate in Montana. Contact me at mtww55@msn.com or 406-259-1059 mtn daylight time

Until someone has a spare speaks up, how about a drill motor, file, calipers and some aluminum stock and "lathe" one up?

***edit*** crocus cloth on a popsicle stick for a fine finish...
    Last edited by rustybronco; 11-18-2008, 08:53 PM.
    De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

If I can get one out of some of my spare carb bodies I have one.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

That would be great, still no sign of it

Comment

Sorry, I couldn't get any out. Even tried heat. Damn things are welded in there.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I know I have some laying around in the garage. and I am holding it in my hand right now I will email you

Comment

Originally posted by cbrophy22 View Post
              I know I have some laying around in the garage
              lol, that's what he said...
              GS850GT

Comment

Special thanks to cbrophy22 for sending me the part I needed. Wouldnt take any money for the part or postage. Thats what these forums are all about, helping each other out !

Comment

I'm missing a few, as well for an extra set that I have. Isn't that part #34 on the '80 GS1100E schematic?? (I hope so!)
                  1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

I believe #34 is the flat rubber o-ring that goes on top of the recessed aluminum plug I needed, I dont think the plug is an available part. I could be wrong but I dont think I am.

Comment

Originally posted by woodman View Post
                      I believe #34 is the flat rubber o-ring that goes on top of the recessed aluminum plug I needed, I dont think the plug is an available part. I could be wrong but I dont think I am.
                      I fear that you are probably just right!
                      1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckycheese View Post
                        I fear that you are probably just right!
                        a shop with a cnc machine can manufacture these in no time from a bit of alu
                        may not be super-cheap, but it can be done easily if need be
                        GS850GT

Comment

George from WG Carbs said to push some tape in the hole & fill it with JB Weld, all it does is block vacuum off and is covered up by the float bowl & gasket. I was going to do this until Chris helped me out. You could buy another set of carbs cheaper then you could get someone to take the time to program a CNC machine to make them. Plus most places with them are running wide open all the time, at least around here

Comment

Originally posted by woodman View Post
                            You could buy another set of carbs cheaper then you could get someone to take the time to program a CNC machine to make them.
                            i had some nuts made for the alu wheels on my car (the big centre nuts) - the way guy did it is he placed the one i had in the machine and pressed "copy" and voila, in no time the two "copies" came out. cost me nz$40. i guess i was lucky
                            GS850GT

Comment

Chris, part fit perfect, carbs are together and back on the motor. What a rasslin match that job is with the stock airbox !!!! Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                              X