Getting a new stator...who to go with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duaneage View Post
    108 Honda RRs sold so far, haven't seen a bad one yet. People have hooked them up completely wrong and they still worked afterwards. Tough little buggers.

If you are losing 3 volts from the Fuse box to the rear brake light switch, you really should find out why and correct it. A drop that far is going to heat up the bad connection a lot and cause problems.
    I have seen one bad one unfortunatly, on the 80 1100E I fixed up. it was on it when I brought it home and the sensor wire was not hooked up. I corrected that and it failed to cut back the voltage and quickly went over 15 volts. a fresh one from the local motorcycle retirement home fixed it up.
    I think running it with the sensor wire unhooked fried it. no idea how long it was on there before the owner got it.

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
      I'm still trying to figure out why the meter freaks out, but I'm no expert in EMF.
      Arcing is the only thing I can think of. either at the plugs, coils, wires. but combine that with low charging system voltage... my bet stator.

Originally posted by makenzie71 View Post
      I found this...thought it might be nice...opinions? Will it fit the 1981 750? I can't find that part number anywhere...
      opinions? check alpha sports and compare the p/n's.
      Last edited by rustybronco; 03-17-2009, 06:28 AM.
      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

ha that's a "no". I think I'm going to have to use the alphasports site more...it's a lot better built that bikebandit/ronayers.

Comment

ftw imho lmao:d
          Currently bikeless
          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Well, I got the most feedback from RM so that's who I went with...plus I had a 20% off coupon for eBay and they have an eBay store so I got a discount.

New stator...new r/r...battery follows...and I'm thinking about building a new wiring harness...plus I've got a Dyna III setup laying around I might try and work into it...I'm a little giddy...

Comment

Working...
            X