ergonimically incorrect handlebars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ergonimically incorrect handlebars

hi all- about time 2 start riding round here. i need help finding some beter bars than whats on my bike now. when i sit up on the bike my bars force my elbows in,twoard each other. I'm 6'3" and 200lbs My right wrist is healing from ligament surgery and this bar issue is something that needs to be fixed. my bike is a 1980 850l the whole bike is pretty stock save a windjammer on it. Iam looking for bars that are more straight across. any ideas?

nickster1_99@yahoo.com thanks!

Lots of people like the "daytona" bend, others find the lower superbike bend to their liking. I have stock g bars which I really like with my handlebar mounted windshield. Nice thing about handlebars is they are a cheap fix that makes a huge comfort difference. The L bars are torture, do realize that you may need to replace cables with shorter "g" cables with different bars.

Comment

thanks!

where can I find the daytona style bars?

Comment

I have the daytona bars on my 850G got them @ bikebandit.com right @ $20.00 US

--Nity

Comment

Handle bars

I'm 6"4" and use Superbike bars on my 1100G, I like 'em, Daytona's are a little higher, and you should check the clearance for the Windjammer. The Superbike bars just clear the tank.
          I have the drop style Clubman bars on my 550T, they're comfortable too, not even close to those torture devises known as sportbikes.
          This is my source, www.jcwhitney.com $24 chrome or black your choice, Bikemaster handlebars.
          I did get a tiny muscle pain below my left shoulder blade during a day long road trip. I should have done some back stretching before riding.
          Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 03-16-2009, 05:35 PM.
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Working...
          X