carb jetting explained

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb jetting explained

I see quite a few people asking about carb jetting when changing exhaust or intake configurations.

Here is a common explanation on how to determin what jets to use.

By the way, I went to Basscliff's site to find this. He has access to a mountain of knowledge, and he made that knowledge available to every one.

I just thought I'd put my 2 cents in for today. I am happy that I found this information and mad at myself for not finding it sooner.

Might get you close... I think 3 jet sizes for pods & a 4:1 is a bit small, that would only be a 122.5 on my bike. I was running that with a K&N inbox & 4:1.....
    Can't remember what's in there now but it's bigger than 130 I'm sure (DJ kit)

That bit about the pods is about the only bit I disagree with. The cheap pods it might work ok like this.

Dan
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by Bones View Post
      I see quite a few people asking about carb jetting when changing exhaust or intake configurations.

Here is a common explanation on how to determin what jets to use.

By the way, I went to Basscliff's site to find this. He has access to a mountain of knowledge, and he made that knowledge available to every one.

I just thought I'd put my 2 cents in for today. I am happy that I found this information and mad at myself for not finding it sooner.
      good info as always on basses site but I think this would have done better in the performance section on here.

Jake

Comment

Does anyone know what type of Mikuni main jets are on my 1980 gs850g carb, Thanks Ted

Comment

top of this sub-forum... carb oem spec's.
          De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by nisom512 View Post
            good info as always on basses site but I think this would have done better in the performance section on here.

Jake
            I just thought I'd post it here because I see a lot of people asking questions about jetting in this forum. (especially during carb rebuilds.) Some people ask if they can change to pods and/or replace the exhaust (4-1) durring the time of the carb rebuild.

I understand that the information is just a guideline to help you determin where to begin. Every motorcycle is different and should be treated accordingly.

Sorry for posting this in the wrong forum. I will try harder to post links in the proper location.

Bones

Comment

Working...
            X