Carb issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb issue

ok things started to go ok i got a screw extractor and replacement hex head screws for my stuck screw problem.. i disassembled labeled and sorted the parts by carb.. but however on the last carb i took apart, while removing the float the pin was stuck so i pushed with a pin pusher then switched to a screw driver and back again the pin was still stuck... well while doing this, one of the arms that holds the float in place cracked and snapped off.. i know this cant be repaired.. what i am getting at is does anyone know where i can get a replacement carb body for #1???

Do a search for float pin post, this topic has been covered before. Several people have offered fixes for it. If you can't repair the post, start a thread in the parts wanted section. Someone probably has a carb body laying around.

Comment

As almarconi mentioned, that topic has been coverer MANY times, with varying rates of success, but one thing is very important ...

WHAT BIKE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????

Please create a signature that shows your bike so you don't have to remember to mention it every time you ask a question.
      Congratulations are in order, however, for having your location in your profile. Maybe someone near you can stop by to help.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        As almarconi mentioned, that topic has been coverer MANY times, with varying rates of success, but one thing is very important ...

WHAT BIKE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????

Please create a signature that shows your bike so you don't have to remember to mention it every time you ask a question.
        Congratulations are in order, however, for having your location in your profile. Maybe someone near you can stop by to help.

He's talking about a 850GT...which he DID mention in another thread...but yes, PLEASE put it in your sig line....we LOVE that

Comment

sorry about that i should of mentioned the bike i honestly never thought of putting it as my signature

and steve i saw that one pic that you posted on this topic it gave me an idea now i just need a welder to do something similar i am also calling Neanderthal cycle salvage in CA to see if they have one or the whole wrack.. but as alway i check here for ideas. and lastly i need to do more searches in the future theres nothing that will happen to me that hasent happend to someone else..
          Last edited by Guest; 06-05-2009, 01:17 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

No need to buy a carb rack, you can fix the broken post.
            De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

can any 32mm carb wrack work? with some tuning?

Comment

I can't answer about ANY 32mm racks, but for the most part yes.
                linkages will vary and the jetting may have to be changed.

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.
                De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

so in theory it could work i prob would have to talk with the manufacturer but it gives me options

Comment

The PO repaired one on mine with some wire: tapped a hole perpendicular to the existing hole down on the unbroken part, made a groove in the top of the broken part, looped the wire around and tightened it down. Looks like he glued it, too. Seems ok.

Comment

solved for now

i found a place to get a carb in southern cali Neanderthal Cycle salvage said the have a few of them that need "mild cleaning" and are off running bikesso for now it sounds like a good option

Comment

Did you try ebay? Carbs for these bikes are not that hard to find.

Comment

naturally and nothing came up which is why i called them i did a google search as well and lol i got re directed to bike spec's here and on other sites google turned up on in spain but he wanted 150euro's for a carb with the same problem as mine (broken float post)

Comment

I don't know what you are searching under, but I found these 2 listings in about 5 minutes. Both will work on your bike.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GS750...1%7C240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/83-su...ptZMotorcycles_

Use search terms suzuki gs carbs or suzuki gs carburetors or gs750 gs850 carburetors. These carbs are not that hard to find. You might even have a motorcycle salvage yard near you.

Here are some salvage yards in NJ, try these..

MOTORCYCLE JUNK SHOP - Highway 83 - Clermont, NJ 08210 Phone: 609 624-3057

NICK'S MOTORCYCLE AND SALVAGE CENTER - 159 Lebanon Avenue - Williamstown, NJ 08094 Phone: 609 728-9607 Fax: 609 875-7148

RCW SPORT MOTORCYCLE SALVAGE - 279 River Road (P.O. Box 535) - Bellemeade, NJ 08520 Phone: 908 874-0701 Fax: 908 874-7124

GDL Cycles
                            USED MOTORCYCLE PARTS SEARCH Ducati - Honda - Kawasaki - Suzuki - Triumph - Yamaha We keep you riding with the parts you need at price you can afford. Here at GDL we are all riders and we know what it`s like to have your bike out of commission. Same
                            City, State: Morganville, New Jersey 07751
                            Local Phone: 732-591-9773
                            Toll Free: 888-70-PARTS
                            Fax: 732-591-9774
                            Email: troy@gdlcycles.com

Weeks Motorcycle Salvage
                            No Description Available...
                            City, State: Laurence Harbor, New Jersey xxxxx
                            Local Phone: 908-583-0980
                            Last edited by Guest; 06-10-2009, 09:50 AM.

Comment

ya i searched the carbs themselves mikuni BS32SS and im in northern nj passaic county..

i just called those # listed in the previous post and ya they all are disconnected.
                              Last edited by Guest; 06-10-2009, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X