jetting help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jetting help please

i have a 1979 gs750l. i am installing a uni filter and it will have hd road glide mufflers. the front part of the exhaust system will be the same as far as the pipes go but the h pipe was beyond salvaging so two pipes will go straight to each muffler. im hoping keith krause will see this and share his wisdom to let me know what starting points i need for the jets and needle setting and such. im not much of a mech. and having to learn as i go.this is my first bike and im trying to piece it togeather.btw ive learned alot from this web site and am grateful to the members here. thank you.

Im not the mighty Keith Krause but i have a lil bit of experience jetting the older VM carbs on the 750s... I dunno how much backpressure etc the Hardley mufflers will flow, I would suggest, buying jets in the 110-117.5 range, as i cant see them needing to be jetted as hard as pods and a high flow header... When you say Uni filter, are you saying pod type filters or the Uni airbox filter??

Comment

its a single filter still using the air box

Comment

K...I cant recall exactly WHAT stock was on the 750...105ish?? Id say youre gonna want to be up where i said, maybe even a lil more but not much...Thats a good start point tho...

Comment

De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

thanks guys, if it makes any difference i live at about 2600 ft above sea level. ive read on here that it can make a jetting difference. does anyone think i will have to mess with the needle? if im not mistaken the ones ive pulled out of the carbs so far have the e clamp on the second slot from the top. once again thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
            X