How do my plugs look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do my plugs look?

I think they look lean, but how lean are they? dangerously lean? I raised my fuel level 1mm and they have more color now, but I went on a 450km ride on these.

Hard tellin for real on a comp screen. But, IMO they look pretty ok. Maybe a hair on the lean side. Not bad tho. the one on the left looks leaner than the rest by a touch. But, if the bike runs well, and they STAY this colour (are these from plug chops, what throttle pos?? Or just a full range pull?) then I might set the plug on the left a bit richer on the pilot, put em back in and ride that puppy...

Comment

Before I fixed my charging system, these plugs were all black and sooty, after a few hundred km's they cleaned right up. Real hard to do jetting when your charging system isnt working properly.
      Not a plug chop, just hard riding.

Comment

They look just fine, just about where they should be.

good close ups of each would be required for a more detailed opinion.
        De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

the electrode is a lil whit as well, i think there a lil lean just a lil, i dont think you should mess with the float levle, try a main jet change, 1 step bigger, leave the floats at factory sets, that way yu will not lean out wide open, or starve it

Comment

I would raise the needle one notch. The main looks ok.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
              I would raise the needle one notch. The main looks ok.
              I can't raise the needle because of these stupid 750 needles, It makes cruising rpm unrideable. Trying to find money for the right needles. Please buy my stator
              I was thinking of going back to 32 mm carbs, Called the local bike place and he wanted $250 for a dirty old set of carbs. Said I could do a part swap of my 34mm ones that are nice and clean and rebuilt, but I would have to pay extra Can you belive that???!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X