Where can I find paint codes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
    Call Suzuki North American Headquarters at 714-572-1490. Tell them ALL the info on the bike.. Year, Model ( Complete with all the X, XS, ES, whatever), Original color ( If Known), VIN. They will give you the paint code and any other info they have on the bike. You can even ask them such things as when it was built, you can order copies of manuals FOR FREE while you have them on the horn, anything you can think to ask.. ask it.. they will have answers.
    Just called for the paint code for my '83 and their records only go back to 1986. I asked about manuals and they said they have to be ordered via local dealer or online. None of the painted pieces on my bike are their original color, so am not able to take a piece in to get it matched.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
      Any colour, so long as its black?
      Maybe we follow Bruces reco and do a lavender pin stripe

Comment

Originally posted by grandman View Post
        Just called for the paint code for my '83 and their records only go back to 1986. I asked about manuals and they said they have to be ordered via local dealer or online. None of the painted pieces on my bike are their original color, so am not able to take a piece in to get it matched.
        The Holy Grail for Zook color codes:

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
          I don’t mind using the cheaper basecoat but I’m hesitant to use low rent primers and clears since that’s were the durability comes from.
          Two brothers that I know and trust, who own a body shop. recommended using Transtar clears. they use Transtar over top of DBU on most every job.

I think you might do well with a omni/shopline base coat and a transtar clear.
          De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Working...
          X