Read the threads..still aquestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read the threads..still aquestion

I did the searches for bleeding brakes..Doing calipers on a Honda nighthawk right now. Dual front calipers just like my 78 GS750 does. I bought a power bleeder when i did the brake systems on both of my GS 750 restores and i bled them in minutes. Problem here is that i have pumped up the bleeder at least 2 dozen times and i cant get squat to move. I didnt have this problem when i did the front calipers on my 78 Gs 750 which also has dual front calipers. Question is if the 78 and this honda both have dual calipers then logically wouldnt they bleed down the same way ?? Am i missing something here??
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Some good ideals here
    This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

You probably just need to bench bleed the master cylinder.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

I had a problem bleeding the brakes on a gs750. Turns out the brake hoses
        were bad. I have always used a hose on the bleeder going into a container of brake flluid. Always worked for me.. Did you bleed the master first?

Comment

Problem here is that i have pumped up the bleeder at least 2 dozen times and i cant get squat to move.
          What are you saying? You can't get fluid to flow through the system at all.

Could you have an obstruction in your bleed screws..rust perhaps?

If you put fluid in the MC can you pump it out the lines. Did you rebuild the MC?

Please clarify.

If you have a power bleeder, try filling the MC with fluid and drawing a vacuum on one of the calipers, see if fluid will flow. If not you've got an obstruction somewhere.

Bleeding motorcycle brakes is so much easier than on a car because so little fluid is needed and the brake lines are so short. These older bikes have no abs pumps, proportioning valves, or feet of brake line to bleed like on a modern car. I actually like bleeding bike brakes.

Comment

Chuck, I need to stop by and pick up the gauge cover. can I give you a hand while I'm there?
            De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

This is going to sound very stupid but is the cap on with the rubber piece when your bleeding it?

I never bleed a bike mc until 4 months ago and I must of pumped my 78 gs400s mc for atleast 45 mins before realizing the cap/ diaphram looking thing needs to be on. Haha I was even checking prices for a new mc!

Comment

Originally posted by brandon11130 View Post
                This is going to sound very stupid but is the cap on with the rubber piece when your bleeding it?

I never bleed a bike mc until 4 months ago and I must of pumped my 78 gs400s mc for atleast 45 mins before realizing the cap/ diaphram looking thing needs to be on. Haha I was even checking prices for a new mc!
                Um, no it doesn't. I bleed them with the cap off all the time.
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

If you are pushing fluid from the caliper up to the MC, having the cap on the MC will keep the fluid from splashing out of the MC and getting on your bike. If you are pumping fluid the other way from the MC down, there is no reason to put the cap on.

I put the cap on is when I am done bleeding and want to test the feel of the lever.

Comment

Working...
                  X