Actual Dealer Cost to do a Carb Clean -not what they pass on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by satchmo
    it has averaged me, 2/ 2-1/2 hours to remove, disasemble, clean, re-assemble, and re-install my carbs
    Wow. That's crazy stuff. Maybe it's just the 550, but it takes me 2.5 hours just to get the damn things off and another 2.5 to get them back on

It might be cheaper for me to drive down to texas and have you do them Leon

Thankfully they don't need to be done right now (hopefully)

Satch
    I agree with you Alex, I spent the better part of a day just getting those things off the GS1000LN. Man I get a cold sweat anytime I even think about getting those things off again. The carbs ain't so bad but that Airbox is a nightmare! 8O

Comment

Jeckler

it was the service manager at the dealership who was saying that they needed cleaning (after they started working on the bke)....and after waiting 4 weeks (due to parts etc) i wanted a little something for my trouble (and 4 lost weekends) however i guess they took it for another test ride and things improved so the bikes ready to be picked....i'm going to get it tonight. (i guess i'll find out soon enough if it really did need the work...but at this point i just want to get it and start riding...i'll do the carbs myself if i need to..)

thanks again for the input

Phil - NOW an owner of a 81 GS650G

Comment

Working...
      X