Starting W/O key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting W/O key

As you guys may remember, I've been re-building the motor on my 450...

About 3 weeks ago, I had my car keys (and with them, my car) stolen, and my one bike key was on that ring..

I need to go about 20mi to get a key, and I'm thinking if I can get the bike running w/o key, I can ride out, get a key, and undo my hot-wire job when I get home...

So, how do I do it???

(search back, I do indeed own a 450 bike...)

I believe you - the reason being - why on gods green earth would you want to steal a 450? The penalty is the same for a GSXR1000.

Sorry 450 owners - nothing negative meant. :twisted:

Can't answer your question, sorry. I'm on the road and bored.

Comment

There has been a similar topic last year:

Not sure if it works for your GS450.

Comment

run a jumper from the battery to the main fuse usually the one on top

Comment

Take off the headlamp lens. Locate the harness that goes from the shell to the ignition switch. strip about a quarter inch of the insulation from the red and the orange wire and twist them around each other without actually cutting them. Cover the joint with insulating tape. That'll get you going.

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny
            I believe you - the reason being - why on gods green earth would you want to steal a 450? The penalty is the same for a GSXR1000.

Sorry 450 owners - nothing negative meant. :twisted:

Can't answer your question, sorry. I'm on the road and bored.

Heh...

Nothing negative taken...

If you want to steal a $200 (originally, now $600-700, after engine re-build) bike, you have other problems (then again, !#%!#% kleptos stole my T/A and crashed it into a house! That's why the urgent need to get my bike back... Public transportation is a PITA (in Milwaukee (Yes, iHarley land... But you can't get a HD (even a broken one) for $200 incl van rental), anyhow)!)...

Comment

There is one screw that holds the bottom portion of the ignition switch to the assembly. Pop off the cover on the bottom if it is still there. Remove that one screw and the harnes portion pops off. All you need then is a screwdriver to turn it to the right position. I had to resort to that for a few weeks after someone popped my ignition switch trying to steal the bike.

Comment

Working...
              X